gentoo on ia64 (one more time)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitou
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: gentoo on ia64 (one more time) Reply with quote

Hello. So, I've got a running gentoo, hardware 3D support, built Gimp (but without Perl support), Blender.
Quite well... but I still have problems.

1 Cannot figure out why, but I seem to have hd (file writing) problems: after an "emerge sync" or after copying some to my PORTDIROVERLAY (or even when editing from nano, gedit), many ebuilds are broken, the file is incomplete and/or contains exotic chars at the end.
Just don't know if it is because of FS (ext3) or HD support, or a kernel bug ?..

2 As the machine is intended to be a graphic station, I'd like to install a video player too.
And both mplayer & xine depend on lib-compat: does someone know about lib-compat for ia64 then ? (I looked at the archive, and the contents are libraries, not sources)

3 Do you have suggestions about which other programs to setup ?

PS : As I tweaked copies of many ebuilds in order to build the progs, but have no clue how buggy thoose builds are, I do not dare to share them... so, just tell me if I'm wrong and I'll make them a little cleaner and send my diffs...if I manage to understand the bugzilla interface !
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: