Interesting USB Conflict
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Interesting USB Conflict Reply with quote

I have an MSI KT266-RU motherboard which features both usb 1.1 and usb 2.0 ports. I don't have any usb 2.0 devices however I am using the usb 2.0 ports due to a lack of the old ones. Now when I configured I compiled both usb-uhci (the standard usb driver) and ehci-hcd (the usb 2.0 driver) as modules. When I load only the standard (usb-uhci) module everything works fine, however when I enable the 2.0 (ehci-hcd) one nothing seems to work (mouse mainly, any yes I plugged all devices in the 2.0 ports). If I load both, nothing works either. In both cases my gamepad will not work at all which is getting really frustrating. So in short, has anyone gotten both usb modules loaded w/o problems and how in gods name do you get a usb gamepad to work!? Using joydev/usb-uhci modules I cannot get my psx-usb adaptor working what-so-ever, although the red light stays on in the middle of the psx pad (the analog light). Any thoughts would be much appriciated.. Thanks -

NicZak
AutoBot
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both working, will take a look at my kernel and post back later am currently having a *major* issue -- see the Gentoolkit thread 8O
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: