Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 132
Location: India

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck. Reply with quote

Can't find a link. But the reporting has also been sparse. No proper news source was reporting it as it was. Everyone was careful with the wording, for example I remember one saying "Turkey launched air-raid on the Kurdish region bordering Iraq."

Never mind the fact that border region was inside Northern Iraq. This also coincided with the Iraqi government accusing the Kurds of sheltering the Iraqi VP.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert people killing other desert people that wouldnt hesitate killing anyone else who wasn't like them (or makes cartoons they dont find funny)... I just dont have empathy for that shit anymore, not after I briefly worked for some albanians and felt that I was about to get lynched after I declared that I wasnt really religious... Fuck em.

Savages like that fucked up my country 20 years ago, and keep fucking up each other like they did for thousands of years, while other people are trying to I dunno ... make more efficient ways of pressing garlic... I know who I care about. Sad but true, I am not politicaly correct, but at least I am not a hypocrite. Also if they are wondering why nobody gives a flying fuck about them, well this is one way of looking at things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody even knows where that border really is. It's a porous border, and just kind of a line-shaped smudge on the map; a forgotten backwater occupied by hillbillies nobody pays any attention to, sort of like Canada.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you had resolved to be less of a prick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit! I blew it already. :x

Oh, well. Maybe next year.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Dammit! I blew it already. :x

Oh, well. Maybe next year.


New years resolutions are meant to be broken!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zixnub
n00b
n00b


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 67
Location: Brasschaat, Belgium

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck. Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Can't find a link. But the reporting has also been sparse. No proper news source was reporting it as it was. Everyone was careful with the wording, for example I remember one saying "Turkey launched air-raid on the Kurdish region bordering Iraq."

Never mind the fact that border region was inside Northern Iraq. This also coincided with the Iraqi government accusing the Kurds of sheltering the Iraqi VP.


How is this news? The US attacks foreign countries all the time.
_________________
https://github.com/udevbe/greenfield
https://github.com/udevbe/westfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wah_wah_69
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Dammit! I blew it already. :x

Oh, well. Maybe next year.


New years resolutions are meant to be broken!


No, Hymens are meant to be broken.
_________________
Be good and if you can't be good, be careful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 91
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck. Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Can't find a link. But the reporting has also been sparse. No proper news source was reporting it as it was. Everyone was careful with the wording, for example I remember one saying "Turkey launched air-raid on the Kurdish region bordering Iraq."

Never mind the fact that border region was inside Northern Iraq. This also coincided with the Iraqi government accusing the Kurds of sheltering the Iraqi VP.


They've been threatening to invade Kurdistan since Bush... something about the PKK. I think they were making moves against the Kurds in their own territory but must have just realized that we are not going to do anything about it if they follow-through into the Iraqi Kurdish region.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 132
Location: India

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck. Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
How is this news? The US attacks foreign countries all the time.
This is news because, this time it wasn't the US.

Other countries are getting crazy ideas.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 132
Location: India

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey attacked Iraq and nobody gave a fuck. Reply with quote

bogamol wrote:
They've been threatening to invade Kurdistan since Bush... something about the PKK. I think they were making moves against the Kurds in their own territory but must have just realized that we are not going to do anything about it if they follow-through into the Iraqi Kurdish region.
One of the arguments I recall for the Iraq invasion was, the evil tyrant was killing Kurds faster than All-Out kills flies.

... so ... with the evil tyrant gone ... umm .. ???
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2045
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you talking about the 35-dead-smugglers incident? Where they planned to bomb 'terrorists' but instead killed innocent criminals?

They already said their were sorry. Expect Erdogan blaming Germany or France any minute now.
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 132
Location: India

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were air-strikes (or maybe ground force strikes). The news was around last week or maybe the week before. Very little coverage. No outrage from Iraq either and the news was hushed up.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 132
Location: India

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
are you talking about the 35-dead-smugglers incident? Where they planned to bomb 'terrorists' but instead killed innocent criminals?
Yeah, this incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-attacks-suspected-rebel-targets-iraq-130800966.html
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2045
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
There were air-strikes (or maybe ground force strikes). The news was around last week or maybe the week before. Very little coverage. No outrage from Iraq either and the news was hushed up.


maybe in the muslim controlled media in USA and UK.

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/tuerkeiluftangriff100.html
http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/tuerkeiluftangriff104.html
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 18127

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
I thought you had resolved to be less of a prick.
Prick != truth telling.
_________________
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
notageek wrote:
There were air-strikes (or maybe ground force strikes). The news was around last week or maybe the week before. Very little coverage. No outrage from Iraq either and the news was hushed up.


maybe in the muslim controlled media in USA and UK.

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/tuerkeiluftangriff100.html
http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/tuerkeiluftangriff104.html

:lol:

It was all over the news everywhere. Still, nobody cared. All those countries (Iran, Syria, and especially Turkey and Iraq) periodically massacre Kurds. Minor concern is expressed, and nothing is done. It's like when there's a shellfish die-off in Chesapeake Bay.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 18127

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Minor concern is expressed, and nothing is done. It's like when there's a shellfish die-off in Chesapeake Bay.
The shellfish die-off does concern more people though. Jobs may be threatened, or at least hours. Then there are the price increases. Nobody likes those, especially if it interferes with the all-you-can-eat buffet.
_________________
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum