View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1veedo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: XFCE4 right click menu kind of slow Reply with quote

I started noticing this a while ago, I think with the update right around January. It happens on both my desktop and my laptop which have similar gentoo installs.

The right click menu takes like two seconds to display. It used to be instantaneous. If you put a menu item in the panel it'll start instantaneously like before but if you right click the desktop it's kind of laggy.
totalizator
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: XFCE4 right click menu kind of slow Reply with quote

1veedo wrote:
I started noticing this a while ago, I think with the update right around January. It happens on both my desktop and my laptop which have similar gentoo installs.

The right click menu takes like two seconds to display. It used to be instantaneous. If you put a menu item in the panel it'll start instantaneously like before but if you right click the desktop it's kind of laggy.

Desktop Settings -> Menu -> Show icons (disable) -> No lag.
Ion Silverbolt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the icon theme you're using. For examaple, I like the Shining Reprise icon set, but it causes the lag you described whether you have icons in menus or not. Switching to a different icon set fixes it for me.

I think the issue is, the Shining Reprise set uses .svg while the rest use .png. So if your current icon set uses .svg, that might be it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: