View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: [Kopete] - update to 4.7.4 stalls Kopete - unusable Reply with quote

Hi all!

Since I updated my machine (~amd64) to KDE-4.7.4, Kopete is not usable anymore.
Minutes until the UI reacts, extremely laggy, Skype often doesn't gets autostarted, a big mess.
I tried to downgrade Kopete to the previous 4.7.3 version which worked OK, but with no success (same error persists). So I suppose the problem is not within Kopete but one of the libs it uses. Can anyone verify, give hints?
derdestiller
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disabling Skype, i sometimes had huge problems, when i closed skype, started by kopete.
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks for your reply but you could also have adviced to uninstall kopete :)
I realy need skype, it is the main reason to use kopete.
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the hint to disable the "statistics" plugin which also didn't do the trick. I have other windows hanging badly too since the update. Amarok-2.4.90 for example. Maybe something plasma-related?
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try with fresh kde/kopete profile if it works you know what to do ;)

1.Log out
2. rename .kde4 to .kde4backup
3. login .
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martux wrote:
I got the hint to disable the "statistics" plugin which also didn't do the trick. I have other windows hanging badly too since the update. Amarok-2.4.90 for example. Maybe something plasma-related?

Amarok does not really hang here (quad-core +HT), but it produces 100% on one core. This definitely is plasma-related, but I can't say if it is plasmas or amaroks fault.

Just run
Code:
kdebugdialog

search for "amarok" and check the checkbox.
Then start amarok in the konsole and watch the output :D
Code:
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79672x284696) associated screen is -1
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79672x284696) associated screen is -1
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79675x284707) associated screen is -1
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79675x284707) associated screen is -1
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79678x284718) associated screen is -1
amarok(5153)/libplasma Plasma::ViewPrivate::updateSceneRect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! setting the scene rect to QRectF(0,0 79678x284718) associated screen is -1

I only get this, when I disable the Context View. With CV enabled, it only bahves like this as long as the Window is not shown (hidden in the tray). Showing it only once, and all is fine.
Problem: I just can't stand the Context View :/
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kollin: noooooooo, not again. Cruel cruel world...
@franzf: :) Your sig is giving me the lolz
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a complete wiping of ~/.kde4... again :(
This fixed the issue as it seems. Well and next month when 4.8 is released, I can play the whole s*it again probably. I am really getting fed up with KDE borking things in minor releases. This sucks so hard.
For the Amarok issue. At least it is not stalled to infinity after each track I play. Still I have major issues with the shitty playlist management. Already filled bugreports (@kde) about that, nobody cares. These are truly everlasting issues. Oh man, sometimes I am really fed up with OSS, even if I love it generally.
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martux wrote:
I did a complete wiping of ~/.kde4... again :(
This fixed the issue as it seems. Well and next month when 4.8 is released, I can play the whole s*it again probably. I am really getting fed up with KDE borking things in minor releases. This sucks so hard.
For the Amarok issue. At least it is not stalled to infinity after each track I play. Still I have major issues with the shitty playlist management. Already filled bugreports (@kde) about that, nobody cares. These are truly everlasting issues. Oh man, sometimes I am really fed up with OSS, even if I love it generally.

Well, when kde-4.8.0 comes i'll mask it! I'm going to install directly 4.8.1 (i just hope it'll be a little more mature :( ) That means that i have 3 months without wiping .kde ahead ( KDE SC 4.8.1 release at Tuesday, March 6, 2012:).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: