Another Wine and Wow thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seige36
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Another Wine and Wow thread Reply with quote

So i own A Fujitsu N6110, with a G915 chipset and integrated video card since i dont have the luxury of owning a laptop with an nvidia card.
fresh install of Gentoo with gnome installed and of course wine, when i run wine wow.exe -opengl it returns this error
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eccc,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d_caps:select_card_intel_mesa Card selection not handled for Mesa Intel driver
fixme:d3d_caps:init_driver_info Unhandled vendor 8086.

I know it has something to do with the intel drivers for linux but poeple are saying there is a work around and cant find it anywhere. Hoping someone has dealt with this personally so any help would be great.
i also followed a few guides for direct3d and wow editing the wtf files etc.

Thanks
my system: 8800 GTS, Asus p5n32sli premium wifi-ap, Core 2 duo, SB live! 24-bit, creative inspire 5200s, 2G OCZ gold plated 800mhz ram, 200gb 10000 sata HD, 3 ide HDs and 2x XP installs 2x vista installs and 3 linux installs!
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting the bogus WoW error that it requires a video card with dual TMU's when I try to run it on my netbook (945GM). Not quite the same problem but it might be the next issue you run into...
One thing you might need to do is make sure you use --newuse when you emerge wine and deep through the build tree...

The only Intel machine I've ever gotten to even work for a short while was the 965 chipset (X3000) which should be significantly faster than the 945GM and 915G... and it was still slow...

Does 3D work for other applications? Just curious how much of it is working for you so far, to start... MESA is needed for native X11 opengl apps as well...
Seige36
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i dont have any other progs on this computer since the HD is full with 4 OSs on it. But if it helps

localhost seige # glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
direct rendering: Yes
localhost seige # grep "AIGLX enabled" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[ 35.395] (==) AIGLX enabled

mesa is installed.
newuse with same error.
my system: 8800 GTS, Asus p5n32sli premium wifi-ap, Core 2 duo, SB live! 24-bit, creative inspire 5200s, 2G OCZ gold plated 800mhz ram, 200gb 10000 sata HD, 3 ide HDs and 2x XP installs 2x vista installs and 3 linux installs!
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you also pick up the renderer string...
Code:
doujima:~$ glxinfo|grep render
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 (RV280 5960) 20090101 AGP 4x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL
doujima:~$

If you emerge xscreensaver with USE=opengl, you'll get some 3d "test" programs. Just to make sure your 3D/MESA system is working for native apps first... I don't rely on glxgears anymore I suppose...

Also what version of mesa? Latest I guess, but just checking... Also make sure VIDEO_CARDS=intel and mesa picks that up...
Seige36
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the slow response. Mesa v 7.10
grep render shows x86/MMX/SSE2 is all. and i emerge xscreensaver, not sure how to use it gotta do some readong.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was concerned about grepping for "rendering" because sometimes I'd see "software renderer" in the renderer string...

how about "equery uses mesa" and make sure of "+ video_cards_intel" ?

The xscreensaver modules are stored (for Gentoo) in /usr/lib/misc/xscreensaver. You can run them individually from there, or run xscreensaver-demo if you emerged with USE=GTK. I find that "sproingies" at full screen, if your machine can't manage fluid motion (more than 20-30fps full screen), the graphics acceleration isn't enabled (though recent machines *may* be able to push out fast enough...)
quezak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just happened to work on a PC with integrated 945G card, and I have same error when trying to launch Counter Strike:
Code:
fixme:d3d_caps:select_card_intel_mesa Card selection not handled for Mesa Intel driver
fixme:d3d_caps:init_driver_info Unhandled vendor 8086.

(after these two wine's desktop closes)

glxinfo | grep render
Code:
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945G

AIGLX enabled, VIDEO_CARDS set, still no luck.

so, is there any method to workaround this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: