Thunderbird 6 & enigmail
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sno35
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird 6 & enigmail Reply with quote

Hi
I switched from 3.1.11 to 6 and now thunderbird tells me it has problem with enigmail.
Quite funny, I unemerged enigmail a month ago because it was a blocker for version 4 or 5 of thunderbird, but till now thunderbird was happy (since I rarely use signing or encryption, that's fair). I can see no recent enigmail version in portage tree nor i can download this plugin on mozilla sites because linux/ppc is not supported there.
How do you handle this ?
Thanks in advance.
Laurent G.
cdstealer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had no idea we were up to version 6 :oops: I'll emerge now and let you know.. here's my info...

Code:
Calculating dependencies ... done!               
[ebuild     U  ] mail-client/thunderbird-6.0 [3.1.10] USE="alsa crashreporter%* crypt dbus ipc%* libnotify lightning startup-notification wifi -bindist -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -debug -gconf% -mozdom -system-sqlite (-gnome%) (-ldap%)" LINGUAS="en en_GB -ar -be -bn -bn_BD -br% -ca -cs -da -de -el -en_US -es -es_AR -es_ES -et -eu -fi -fr -fy -fy_NL -ga -ga_IE -gd% -gl% -he -hu -id -is -it -ja -ko -lt -nb -nb_NO -nl -nn -nn_NO -pl -pt -pt_BR -pt_PT -rm% -ru -si -sk -sl -sq -sv -sv_SE -ta% -ta_LK% -tr -uk (-af%) (-bg%) (-pa%) (-pa_IN%) (-ro%) (-zh%) (-zh_CN%) (-zh_TW%)" 85,988 kB
[uninstall     ] x11-plugins/enigmail-1.1.2-r2  USE="alsa dbus libnotify startup-notification wifi -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -debug -gnome -system-sqlite"
[blocks b      ] x11-plugins/enigmail ("x11-plugins/enigmail" is blocking mail-client/thunderbird-6.0)

*** edit ***
Nope, enigmail was removed and everything installed ok.

I don't know if a
Code:
# equery b enigmail
would be of any use. There must be something else needing it.
skywarp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the crypt use flag of thunderbird. This will install enigmail automatically. The separate enigmail ebuild will be removed.
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Separate enigmail be removed? Reply with quote

skywarp wrote:
Use the crypt use flag of thunderbird. This will install enigmail automatically. The separate enigmail ebuild will be removed.

How do you know?
Hey, the two of us could do a fine job on these forums when issues arise.
I talk too much, you talk so sparingly.
In avarage, we talk ideal! :lol:
Nah, no jokes, where did you get your info from?
Tell us pls.!
I mean I have problems with Thunderbird 7.0, then 8.0 and even onwards, because of, if you are right, the separate enigmail portage package...

I just looked up:
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
and what you said above doesn't look at all obvious there.
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Separate enigmail be removed? Reply with quote

skywarp wrote:

True!
I just installed mail-client/thunderbird-8.0-r1 with crypt use flag. I saw it compiled something like enigmail.jar and other things enigSOMETHING-ELSE etc...
Maybe the entries here:
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
for enigmail and thunderbird are a little outdated, but maybe it's I am on testing ~amd64 flags, so the thing is still new...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: