View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about right for JACK, but not for ALSA.

But let's try something else first.

Do you have the snd-usb-midi driver compiled? If not, go into make menuconfig and compile, as a module, Device Drivers -> Sound Card Support -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture -> USB Sound Devices -> USB Audio/MIDI Driver.

This is what runs my AMT8 and MS-20 controller via USB. Chances are good once you load this module that you'll see your keyboard in the options, and you'll be able to simply wine Proteus.

On my system, audio comes out of DirectSound in the options. Is that what you have when you run it via Wine?
Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(post was duplicated above)

Last edited by audiodef on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On my system, audio comes out of DirectSound in the options. Is that what you have when you run it via Wine?

Yes. Seems to work fine when Jack is being used as an audio driver by wine.

audiodef wrote:
Do you have the snd-usb-midi driver compiled?

I've got snd-usb-audio compiled as a module (and all the other sound stuff is also compiled as modules). Is that the one you mean? Make menuconfig seems to imply that this does audio and midi.

Quote:
Chances are good once you load this module that you'll see your keyboard in the options, and you'll be able to simply wine Proteus.

I re-compiled the kernel and rebooted, just to be sure. Still same problem: sound but no midi with jack, and midi (apparently) but no sound with alsa.

It's very frustrating to be able to hear the sounds but not be able to play them... :(
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought... if you start JACK through qjackctl, do you see the Xboard in the ALSA tab?

I don't know the full extent of snd-usb-audio (I typo'd that as ind-usb-midi) - I just know that if you have a USB MIDI device and want it to work with JACK and ALSA, you need it.

Send me the output of emerge --info and emerge -pv jack-audio-connection-kit. Maybe you missed something, a use flag perhaps.

I just connected my Korg Triton Extreme and my Waldorf Blofeld to my Gentoo DAW via USB (these are the two USB MIDI synths within the reach of my longest USB cable) and they both showed up under qjackctl's ALSA tab. I never use them this way, but the point is, I'm now betting that if your system is configured correctly, your Xboard should show up in qjackctl's ALSA tab when it's connected to one of your computer's USB ports (if your sound card has a USB port, don't use it. Use the mobo's USB ports), and when we get that working, you should be seeing it in ProteusVX.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
Just had a thought... if you start JACK through qjackctl, do you see the Xboard in the ALSA tab?

Yes - that's OK.

Quote:
Send me the output of emerge --info and emerge -pv jack-audio-connection-kit. Maybe you missed something, a use flag perhaps.

See below.

I found this article about wine. If you scroll down to the winecfg image you can see wave devices and a mixer listed under the Alsa driver, along with midi in/out. All I've got are the midi in/out but no wave in/out or mixer. I also see this on the command line after clicking the audio tab in winecfg:

Code:
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:612:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on M Audio Audiophile 24/96, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on E-MU Xboard61, disabling mixe

Here's all the emerge info (thanks for looking through all this):

Code:

Portage 2.1.9.42 (default/linux/x86/10.0, gcc-4.4.5, libc-0-r0, 2.6.38-gentoo-r6 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.38-gentoo-r6-i686-AMD_Athlon-tm-_II_X3_445_Processor-with-gentoo-2.0.2
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:15:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p9
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:     2.6.6-r2, 2.7.1-r1, 3.1.3-r1
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.4-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.2
sys-apps/openrc:     0.8.2-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.4
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.65-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.5
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1-r1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.10
sys-devel/make:      3.82
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 2.6.36.1
sys-libs/glibc:      2.12.2
virtual/os-headers:  0
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=amdfam10 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5.2/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5.2/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5.2/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=amdfam10 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/gentoo/ "
LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en en_GB"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/opt/pkgdir/"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/pro-audio /var/lib/layman/wschlich-testing /var/lib/layman/zugaina /opt/underlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X acl alsa bash-completion bzip2 caps cli cracklib crypt cxx dbus dri dssi flac fortran gdbm gpm iconv ipv6 jack jackmidi jpeg ladspa lash lirc lv2 matroska midi mmx mmxext modules mp3 mudflap ncurses nfs nls nptl nptlonly ogg openmp pam pcre perl pppd python readline schroedinger session smp sse sse2 ssl sysfs tcpd tiff udev unicode v4l v4l2 vorbis vst x86 xorg xvid xvmc zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ice1712" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="braindump flow karbon kexi kpresenter krita tables words" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse wacom" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en en_GB" LIRC_DEVICES="devinput" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Jack:

Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies  ... done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7  USE="alsa dbus -32bit -debug -doc -freebob -ieee1394" 0 kB [1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /var/lib/layman/pro-audio

Wine:

Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies  ... done!
[ebuild   R   ] app-emulation/wine-1.2.1  USE="X alsa dbus gecko jack jpeg mp3 ncurses opengl perl png ssl threads truetype v4l win32 -capi -cups -custom-cflags -esd -fontconfig -gnutls -gphoto2 -gsm (-hal) -lcms -ldap -nas -openal -oss -pulseaudio -samba -scanner -test (-win64) -xcomposite -xinerama -xml" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran AVLinux from a live dvd hoping that I might be able to get a working configuration to copy but same problem again with the wine alsa driver ie no wave in/out or mixer seen in winecfg.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could borrow an Xboard from someone local, then I can positively confirm that it's supposed to work this way...

Here are the differences between your config and mine:

For Wine, I have the oss use flag enabled. It's probably in my package.use, since I don't generally use oss. I have wine-1.3.21. Give this upgrade and use flag a try.

I use JACK without dbus. I don't know if this comes into play here, but it's another thing for you to try. Also, I don't have the jackmidi use flag enabled. It does sound rather paradoxical, but that's another thing you can try.

Are you sure you have the right module compiled for your sound card?

Incidentally, what's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?

What do you do with MIDI and audio? How much of a serious sound person, musician, whatever, are you? I'm wondering if it might be helpful for you if I guide you from the beginning on setting up Gentoo for audio/music production.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
I wish I could borrow an Xboard from someone local, then I can positively confirm that it's supposed to work this way...

It's got midi out as well as usb and they're both connected. I can play a grand piano in linux sampler, or soft synths in Rosegarden no problem so, as far as I can tell, the keyboard is OK. The manual is available here if you need to check something - or just ask me and I'll try to find out.

audiodef wrote:
Here are the differences between your config and mine...

I'll have a fiddle with different options and report back.

audiodef wrote:
Are you sure you have the right module compiled for your sound card?

It does make you wonder but yes: card is M-Audio 2496 and I'm using ICE1712 (Envy24). Could be I've selected an option somewhere that wine doesn't like, or failed to select something it needs to see the mixer & wave in/out. I'll take a good look through and maybe experiment with a few options.

audiodef wrote:
Incidentally, what's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?

Code:
processor   : 0
vendor_id   : AuthenticAMD
cpu family   : 16
model      : 5
model name   : AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor
stepping   : 3
cpu MHz      : 3099.939
cache size   : 512 KB
physical id   : 0
siblings   : 3
core id      : 0
cpu cores   : 3
apicid      : 0
initial apicid   : 0
fdiv_bug   : no
hlt_bug      : no
f00f_bug   : no
coma_bug   : no
fpu      : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level   : 5
wp      : yes
flags      : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips   : 6199.87
clflush size   : 64
cache_alignment   : 64
address sizes   : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

processor   : 1
core id      : 1
apicid      : 1
initial apicid   : 1
flags      : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips   : 6200.39

processor   : 2
core id      : 2
apicid      : 2
initial apicid   : 2
bogomips   : 6200.38

Quote:
What do you do with MIDI and audio? How much of a serious sound person, musician, whatever, are you? I'm wondering if it might be helpful for you if I guide you from the beginning on setting up Gentoo for audio/music production.

Just an amateur musician but deadly serious :) Here's a couple of clips. The midi controller gives me access to a whole new world of sounds I can't wait to get my hands on.

I'm sort of half-experienced with Gentoo. Used it for several years but I'd say I only have an average grasp of the details. I can almost always get things done with a bit of googling. I'm using the pro-audio overlay and I'm quite used to tweaking portage keywords etc to select app versions and use-flag options but I'm kind of stuck with this one.

I'll see where I get to with the above and then report back.

Really appreciate the help :)
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you can do everything else with the Xboard gives me hope that you just need to tweak something somewhere, because it's apparently working fine everywhere except via Wine. Maybe just upgrading Wine will nab it.

A really good test would be to connect any other USB MIDI keyboard or device. If it shows up in ProteusVX as expected, it may be that the Xboard has issues with the software through Wine. If another device does not show up, then, as I said, hopefully it's just a tweak somewhere to fix it.

So you have a 64-bit CPU. Is there any particular reason you haven't installed a 64-bit kernel?

After you've tried my suggestions - whether it works or not - check out this guide, which I wrote. It may be helpful to you as a musician working on Gentoo.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
So you have a 64-bit CPU. Is there any particular reason you haven't installed a 64-bit kernel?

I was worried about compatibility problems. As far as I could gather, everything works on a 32-bit OS but not always on 64-bit.

I've had a breakthrough... I discovered I didn't have an Alsa Driver key in the wine registry. So I added this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Alsa Driver]
"AutoScanCards"="N"
"AutoScanDevices"="yes"
"DeviceCount"="1"
"DeviceCTL1"="default"
"DevicePCM1"="default"
"UseDirectHW"="y"

Next, when I opened winecfg, the alsa driver has got wave in/out as well as midi in/out :)

When I started ProteusVX.exe it was working with my keyboard although with a lot of crackling. I ended up having to edit the registry again to increase the DirectSound buffer size (you can allegedly do that in the Proteus gui but it wouldn't remember my changes) and.. that's it :)

I've got a bit of lag (300ms at a rough guess by ear) which I need to do something about. If you play a fast run it's rather confusing to have the last note sounding after you take your fingers off the keys. Should I be using wineasio instead of DirectSound?

I guess the next thing is to set up an .asoundrc alias for jack so I can use Proteus.exe along with Ardour etc? I used to have that set up but, after a reinstall a few months ago, I never could get it working again. Back to google...
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not knowledgeable about ALSA configuration files for JACK. :(

I wonder if a newer version of Wine takes care of that ALSA key problem (since I have a newer version than you). If you upgrade Wine, I'd be curious to know if it "just works" for you.

I would definitely try wineasio. ASIO on Windows helps, so hopefully wineasio will, too. I'm actually going to check that out myself, as there's quite a bit of latency even though the buffer size is set at 128.

I see that ProteusVX doesn't appear anywhere in qjackctl, even if I check JACK in winecfg. Keep in mind, though, that software has to be JACK-aware or you might have to jump through more hoops than it's worth to make it work with JACK (if it's even possible).

If you do get that .asoundrc working, I'd love to see it.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I upgraded wine earlier - might try the 9999 from version control next.

With jack and alsa selected in winecfg, and jack running, I can see Proteus in the qjackctl connections audio tab - but when I click on "connect" nothing happens!

I might not have been too clear earlier about asoundrc. I used to have the alsa jack plugin set up for apps with no jack support and it worked pretty well. Never actually tried it with proteus though.
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the use flags to compile wine ?
Code:
emerge -pv wine
please ;)

In my case, I can use ALSA and JACK in 32 and 64 bits, but cannot use wineasio (for wineasio, someone said me that the jack buffer must be at least 512 bytes; there can be crashes if the buffer is smaller), I got ALSA errors
Quote:
$ wine Modular\ G2\ Demo\ v1.40.exe
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:612:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
Cannot create thread res = 11
Cannot create thread res = 11
Cannot start Jack client listener
Cannot start channel

Jack is started through jack-dbus with qjackctl.

Can someone help me ?
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I can give you the best advice... but these are my own current use flags (wine 1.3.21):

Code:

studio ~ # equery uses wine
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for app-emulation/wine-1.3.21:
 U I
 + + X             : Adds support for X11
 + + alsa          : Adds support for media-libs/alsa-lib (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
 - - capi          : Enable ISDN support via CAPI
 - - cups          : Add support for CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)
 - - custom-cflags : Bypass strip-flags; use are your own peril
 + + dbus          : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd, gnomemeeting, etc)
 - - esd           : Adds support for media-sound/esound (Enlightened Sound Daemon)
 - - fontconfig    : Support for configuring and customizing font access via media-libs/fontconfig
 + + gecko         : Add support for the Gecko engine when using iexplore
 - - gnutls        : Adds support for net-libs/gnutls (TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 support)
 - - gphoto2       : Adds digital camera support
 - - gsm           : Adds support for the gsm lossy speech compression codec
 - - gstreamer     : Adds support for media-libs/gstreamer (Streaming media)
 + + jack          : Adds support for the JACK Audio Connection Kit
 + + jpeg          : Adds JPEG image support
 - - lcms          : Adds lcms support (color management engine)
 - - ldap          : Adds LDAP support (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
 + + mp3           : Add support for reading mp3 files
 - - nas           : Adds support for network audio sound
 + + ncurses       : Adds ncurses support (console display library)
 + + nls           : Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale utilities)
 + + openal        : Adds support for the Open Audio Library
 + + opengl        : Adds support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
 + + oss           : Adds support for OSS (Open Sound System)
 + + perl          : Install helpers written in perl (winedump/winemaker)
 + + png           : Adds support for libpng (PNG images)
 - - pulseaudio    : Adds support for PulseAudio sound server
 - - samba         : Add support for NTLM auth. see http://wiki.winehq.org/NtlmAuthSetupGuide and http://wiki.winehq.org/NtlmSigningAndSealing
 - - scanner       : Adds support for scanner hardware (e.g. build the sane frontend in kdegraphics)
 + + ssl           : Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections
 - - test          : Workaround to pull in packages needed to run with FEATURES=test. Portage-2.1.2 handles this internally, so don't set it in make.conf/package.use
                     anymore
 + + threads       : Adds threads support for various packages. Usually pthreads
 + + truetype      : Adds support for FreeType and/or FreeType2 fonts
 + + v4l           : Enables video4linux support
 + + win32         : Build a 32bit version of Wine (won't run Win64 binaries)
 - - win64         : Build a 64bit version of Wine (won't run Win32 binaries)
 - - xcomposite    : Enable support for the Xorg composite extension
 - - xinerama      : Add support for the xinerama X11 extension, which is mandatory if you work in multiple monitors setup
 + + xml           : Add support for XML files

Do you have an Alsa Driver key in your wine registry? I couldn't see any wave in/out in the alsa driver list in the winecfg audio tab until I added one (see above). Don't know if that will help.

You can run wine apps in a debugging mode which sometimes gives you some useful information, eg winecfg:

Code:
WINEDEBUG=+mixer,+alsa,+sound,+coreaudio,+dsound,+wave winecfg

Or any wine app:

Code:
WINEDEBUG=+mixer,+alsa,+sound,+coreaudio,+dsound,+wave wine [exe file path]
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! I just got the Kontakt demo working in jack. Keyboard feels very responsive - no perceivable latency. There's a nice upright bass sound in there, and a few others. Jaazzzz baby.

I used vsthost to load the dll.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can load it with vsthost, it usually works even better than running the .exe through Wine.

I think I tried Kontakt once. If it's what I think it is, yeah, it's pretty nice.
darkbasic
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a guitarix2 ebuild?

Coltiva Linux, Windows si pianta da solo.

http://www.linuxsystems.it/
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbasic wrote:
Is there a guitarix2 ebuild?

There is now. 8)

Go here: http://audiodef.com/projects.php?project_id=8

Search the page for "guitarix2". Drop the ebuild into your local overlay.

I installed and ran it. It looks pretty nice!
darkbasic
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Is there any reason which prevents it from going into pro-audio overlay?

audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None whatsoever. :) Keenblade or someone can grab the ebuild and put it into the pro-audio overlay if they want.

I used a mirror for the SRC_URI. Maybe someone can find the source tarball on Sourceforge and use that instead. I don't think it really matters, though, as long as it works.
keenblade
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbasic wrote:

Is there any reason which prevents it from going into pro-audio overlay?

The reason for me is, it does not compile here. Probably a waf or portage issue that triggers each other. Maybe we have to wait for guitarix devs to update their waf to a newer version.

audiodef wrote:
None whatsoever. :) Keenblade or someone can grab the ebuild and put it into the pro-audio overlay if they want.

I used a mirror for the SRC_URI. Maybe someone can find the source tarball on Sourceforge and use that instead. I don't think it really matters, though, as long as it works.

I'll put it in overlay if it compiles here. But it does not within portage. Btw, it compiles fine with manual way.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebuild compiled just fine for me. Can I post something for you to check out?
keenblade
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
The ebuild compiled just fine for me. Can I post something for you to check out?

Sorry for answering late. I have just moved to another city. By the way, sure, post whatever you want. I'll add the ebuild anyway, if it works for you. So we can have more feedback.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenblade, I was wondering if guitarix compiles for you. I had guitarix already installed before I emerged guitarix2...

Naturally, I'll try to field any questions on the ebuild. It's a modified guitarix ebuild, nothing more. 8)

How'd the move go? How far of a move was it?
darkbasic
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keenblade wrote:
it does not within portage. Btw, it compiles fine with manual way.

Really? I did not try this ebuild, but I made one for gx_head some time ago and I had the same problem: waf does not work with portage.

P.S. Why don't I get notifications from this topic? :evil: I want phpBB3 :(

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: