[Request] pixel art Gentoo logo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: [Request] pixel art Gentoo logo Reply with quote

Since me and some friends dusted off my NES and NeoGeo over the weekend and I'm living on good memories now, I'd like to transfer the spirit to my pc with some nice pixel art.

Unfortunately all online generators suck as much as I do in converting the Gentoo logo, so I'd like to ask some talented people to create a pixel art logo - even better, also one of Larry.

Ideally it should be free for anyone and the rights donated to Gentoo (Foundation), but I for one would also give away some bucks or whatever needed/wanted.

Edit, I'd like to have at least versions in 128^2 and 512^2, but an SVG would of course be perfect.
poly_poly-man
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick bit of dithering/etc on favicon.ico: http://ompldr.org/vOTl3Mw

any close to what you want?

avatar: new version of logo - see topic 838248. Potentially still a WiP.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for one, I'd prefer a transparent background, so I can easily throw it over everything I want. On top of that, the edges are still quite sharp imho and the blocks/pixels should be more easy to distinguish.

Styled in a way like this: http://berco.deviantart.com/art/Penguin-14330661 - notice the outline on every block

In the meantime, I also found this which is pretty nice, though not quite what I thought about: http://elsenator.deviantart.com/art/Gentux-15888188

But thanks so far for trying :)
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me if I did not understand exactly what you are looking for however, would such a thing be closer to what you want http://ompldr.org/vOWEzYw
Note that many things can be easily amended from this base : size of pseudo-pixels, reduced/augmented set of colors this increasing/decreasing contrast between pseudo-pixels this increasing/decreasing sharpness, pseudo-pixelization or not of the background... and of course... a bit more care in realization... than the 5 minutes I just spent.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's way better, yes. The count of blocks should be doubled/trippled/... to have more detail and the outlines should not all be the same, ie $block-color +/- ~5-10% brighter/darker. But it's a good start, thank you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: