MPlayer Crash on Exit
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Instinct
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: MPlayer Crash on Exit Reply with quote

Searching shows someone posted a similar problem, but had no replies. As the title says, Mplayer always crashes on exit, doesn't matter what codec. It only crashes on exit, system is fine otherwise, and it really wouldn't bother me except I'd like to use the gui mode and when it crashes on exit in that mode I have 3 popup messages to click through.

Running KDE 3.0.2, latest nvidia drivers, latest vanilla kernel.

Code:
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: exit_player
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM. Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html section 5.b.

While I'm talking about Mplayer, I like the -gui option, is there an option to tell the gui to close automaticly when the file is finished? It's a long manpage and I'm tired. :)
maxpower
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: MPlayer Reply with quote

I had this problem as well when I had the audio out set to alsa. I changed it to OSS, which is what I use, and the error stopped.
evaner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I have the same problem but only when I close mplayer a certain way.

There are two "X"s in Mplayer. There's the 'X' on the control and another "X" (or whatever your window manager has as a close button) on the video output window. One of those segfaults mplayer, the other closes gracefully. Try closing mplayer different ways!
Instinct
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, forgot about my post over here, been hectic lately. :) I'm not using alsa, and mplayer crashes no matter how I close it. If I hit ESC while it's playing, crash... if I let it play till the file ends, crash... In short I've yet to see it exit gracefully. Think I'll try unemerging it, downloading the source, and installing it that way.

Just had another thought... could be arts that's causing it, so I tried '-ao sdl' and it exited fine... but of course this requires the arts sound server to timeout and I'll get no other sounds while the video is playing. I have no OSS listed with the '-ao help' option. Ugh, sound has been the most challenging thing for me in linux... looks like more reading for me.... why can't everything just be artsfriendly(tm)?
andee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Try to recompile mplayer.
Before that take a look at your use flags maybe one of them is causing your problem.

gl
maxpower
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: OSS Reply with quote

If you are want use OSS with MPlayer just set it as a USE flag and re-emerge MPLayer. That's waht I did, no crashes since. :)
d4h0od
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

Location: Europe => Sweden => Blekinge => Karlskrona => h0odet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also had that problem with mplayer... but after i read this thread and i tried changing sound from arts => sdl it exits normally =)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: