View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Python 2.7 finally got pulled in during my last world update, and as such I ran python-updater. For some reason python-updater is still reporting a handful of packages to rebuild. I ran it through again for good measure (twice) and the same packages are still being reported. Anyone know what's going on here?

Here is the 'pretend' output:
Code:

# python-updater -p
 * Starting Python Updater...
 * Main active version of Python:  2.7
 * Active version of Python 2:     2.7
 * Active version of Python 3:     3.1
 *   Adding to list: app-emulation/virtualbox-bin:0
 *   Adding to list: app-office/dia:0
 *     check: manual [Added to list manually, see CHECKS in manpage for more information.]
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:0
 *     check: manual [Added to list manually, see CHECKS in manpage for more information.]
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:1.41
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:1.42
 *   Adding to list: x11-libs/vte:0
 * emerge -Dv1 --keep-going -p app-emulation/virtualbox-bin:0 app-office/dia:0 dev-libs/boost:0 dev-libs/boost:1.41 dev-libs/boost:1.42 x11-libs/vte:0

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] app-office/dia-0.97.1  USE="cairo png python zlib -debug -doc -gnome" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/boost-1.35.0-r5  USE="eselect python -doc -expat -icu -mpi -test -tools" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/boost-1.41.0-r3  USE="eselect python -debug -doc -expat -icu -mpi -test -tools" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/boost-1.42.0-r2  USE="eselect python -debug -doc -icu -mpi -static-libs -test -tools" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/vte-0.26.2  USE="python -debug -doc -glade (-introspection)" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] app-emulation/virtualbox-bin-3.2.12-r1  USE="additions chm python -headless -rdesktop-vrdp -sdk -vboxwebsrv" 0 kB

Total: 6 packages (6 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing that puzzles me is that you have three different verslons of dev-libs/boost. Is that intentional?
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena wrote:
The first thing that puzzles me is that you have three different verslons of dev-libs/boost. Is that intentional?
Well the different installations of boost are in different slots... but two of them can be removed according to depclean. I just haven't gotten around to that yet. Virtualbox-bin depending on python:2.6 probably means that the binary hasn't been updated for 2.7 yet... but the others are puzzling as to why they are still reported by python-updater after rebuilding.

I should also say that python:2.6 is also selected for removal by depclean, despite the output of python-updater.
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution would be to simply apply the whole procedure including depclean and revdep-rebuild as described in the start post. Unless of course you really want to keep certain packages but there may be a standard way to make depclean ignore them (I never use such a method, unlike /etc/portage/package.* which I often need).
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and as to your original question: it appears that python-updater always includes a few packages manually, like dev-libs/boost, although I don't know why.
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena wrote:
Oh and as to your original question: it appears that python-updater always includes a few packages manually, like dev-libs/boost, although I don't know why.
Ah, you are right about that. I just took a look at the python-updater source and found this line:
Code:
PKGS_MANUAL="app-office/gnumeric app-office/dia dev-libs/boost x11-libs/vte"

No clue why that's there... but it solves the mystery. Thanks for pointing that out!
evlich
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This process seems to be failing for me. I had 2.7 installed but I had forgotten to do this and my active python version was still 2.6. Now, when I change it to 2.7 and run python-updater I get this:

Code:
# python-updater
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/utf_8.py", line 9, in <module>
 * Active version of Python 3:     (None)
 *   Adding to list: app-admin/webapp-config:0
 *   Adding to list: app-editors/gvim:0
 *   Adding to list: app-editors/vim:0
 *   Adding to list: app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs:0
 *   Adding to list: app-office/openoffice-bin:0
 *   Adding to list: app-office/openoffice-bin:0
 *   Adding to list: app-pda/libplist:0
 *   Adding to list: app-portage/layman:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-java/antlr:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-java/java-config:2
 *   Adding to list: dev-java/javatoolkit:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-lang/yasm:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:1.42
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/libxml2:2
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/libxslt:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/PyQt4:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/astng:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/beautifulsoup:python-2
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/bpython:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/cython:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/dbus-python:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/django:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/docutils:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/imaging:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/logilab-common:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/lxml:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/mysql-python:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/numpy:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/paramiko:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pycairo:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pychecker:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pycrypto:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pygments:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pygobject:2
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pygtk:2
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pylint:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/pyxml:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/qscintilla-python:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/setuptools:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/sip:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-python/unittest2:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-tex/rubber:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-util/chromium-tools:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-util/scons:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-vcs/git:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-vcs/mercurial:0
 *   Adding to list: dev-vcs/subversion:0
 *   Adding to list: gnome-extra/libgsf:0
 *   Adding to list: kde-base/plasma-workspace:4.6
 *   Adding to list: kde-base/pykde4:4.6
 *   Adding to list: media-gfx/gimp:2
 *   Adding to list: media-libs/alsa-lib:0
 *   Adding to list: media-libs/lcms:0
 *   Adding to list: media-libs/libgpod:0
 *   Adding to list: media-libs/mutagen:0
 *   Adding to list: net-print/hplip:0
 *   Adding to list: sci-libs/scipy:0
 *   Adding to list: sys-apps/file:0
 *   Adding to list: sys-devel/gdb:0
 *   Adding to list: sys-fs/udiskie:0
 *   Adding to list: sys-libs/cracklib:0
 *   Adding to list: www-apache/mod_wsgi:0
 *   Adding to list: x11-proto/xcb-proto:0
 * emerge -Dv1 --keep-going app-admin/webapp-config:0 app-editors/gvim:0 app-editors/vim:0 app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs:0 app-office/openoffice-bin:0 app-office/openoffice-bin:0 app-pda/libplist:0 app-portage/layman:0 dev-java/antlr:0 dev-java/java-config:2 dev-java/javatoolkit:0 dev-lang/yasm:0 dev-libs/boost:1.42 dev-libs/libxml2:2 dev-libs/libxslt:0 dev-python/PyQt4:0 dev-python/astng:0 dev-python/beautifulsoup:python-2 dev-python/bpython:0 dev-python/cython:0 dev-python/dbus-python:0 dev-python/django:0 dev-python/docutils:0 dev-python/imaging:0 dev-python/logilab-common:0 dev-python/lxml:0 dev-python/mysql-python:0 dev-python/numpy:0 dev-python/paramiko:0 dev-python/pycairo:0 dev-python/pychecker:0 dev-python/pycrypto:0 dev-python/pygments:0 dev-python/pygobject:2 dev-python/pygtk:2 dev-python/pylint:0 dev-python/pyxml:0 dev-python/qscintilla-python:0 dev-python/setuptools:0 dev-python/sip:0 dev-python/unittest2:0 dev-tex/rubber:0 dev-util/chromium-tools:0 dev-util/scons:0 dev-vcs/git:0 dev-vcs/mercurial:0 dev-vcs/subversion:0 gnome-extra/libgsf:0 kde-base/plasma-workspace:4.6 kde-base/pykde4:4.6 media-gfx/gimp:2 media-libs/alsa-lib:0 media-libs/lcms:0 media-libs/libgpod:0 media-libs/mutagen:0 net-print/hplip:0 sci-libs/scipy:0 sys-apps/file:0 sys-devel/gdb:0 sys-fs/udiskie:0 sys-libs/cracklib:0 www-apache/mod_wsgi:0 x11-proto/xcb-proto:0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 32, in <module>
    from _emerge.main import emerge_main
  File "/usr/lib64/portage/pym/_emerge/main.py", line 39, in <module>
    from _emerge.actions import action_config, action_sync, action_metadata, \
  File "/usr/lib64/portage/pym/_emerge/actions.py", line 41, in <module>
    from portage.package.ebuild.doebuild import _check_temp_dir
  File "/usr/lib64/portage/pym/portage/package/ebuild/doebuild.py", line 63, in <module>
    from _emerge.EbuildPhase import EbuildPhase
  File "/usr/lib64/portage/pym/_emerge/EbuildPhase.py", line 13, in <module>
    from portage.xml.metadata import MetaDataXML
  File "/usr/lib64/portage/pym/portage/xml/metadata.py", line 34, in <module>
    import xml.etree.cElementTree as etree
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/etree/cElementTree.py", line 3, in <module>
    from _elementtree import *
  File "<string>", line 129, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fromstringlist'

What can I do to fix this? I tried uninstalling python-2.7 and then reinstalling it. It gave me the message to run python-updater and I still get the error.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you eselect python-2.7 before running the updater ?
evlich
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that seems to be what causes the problem.
Code:
# eselect python list
Available Python interpreters:
  [1]   python2.6
  [2]   python2.7 *
  [3]   python3.1

I assume that portage is trying to use python 2.7 but was "compiled" to run with 2.6...
evlich
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried setting USE_PYTHON="2.7" in my make.conf but leaving eselect python to 2.6 and then remerging portage (which works), and then eselect python 2.7, but my emerge still doesn't work. I did notice the following message which seems like it might be relevant as well:
Code:
 * Compilation and optimization of Python modules placed outside of site-packages directories for CPython 2.6 ...                                        [ ok ]

Is there a version of portage that I could manually download that would work with 2.7? I've got 'sys-apps/portage-2.1.9.42' which seems to be the latest stable, but it is also the one listed for python 2.6 in http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/doc/manually-fixing-portage.xml.

Just a note, my portage info is:
Code:
# emerge --info portage                                         
Portage 2.1.9.42 (default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde, gcc-4.4.5, libc-0-r0, 2.6.36-tuxonice-r3 x86_64)                                                       
=================================================================               
                        System Settings                                         
System uname: Linux-2.6.36-tuxonice-r3-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Quad_CPU_Q6600_@_2.40GHz-with-gentoo-1.12.14                                                   
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 07 May 2011 17:00:01 +0000                             
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p9                                                     
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.11-r3                                                 
dev-lang/python:     2.6.6-r2, 2.7.1-r1, 3.1.3-r1                               
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.4-r1                                                   
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.14-r1                                                 
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.4
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.65-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.5
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1-r1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.10
sys-devel/make:      3.81-r2
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 2.6.36.1
sys-libs/glibc:      2.11.3
virtual/os-headers:  0
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA skype-eula dlj-1.1 AdobeFlash-10.1"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j5 --load-average"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 apic arch_perfmon bash-completion berkdb bluetooth branding bts bzip2 cairo cdr clflush cli cmov consolekit constant_tsc cracklib crypt cups cx16 cx8 cxx dbus dri ds_cpl dts dvd dvdr emboss encode est exif fam firefox flac fortran fpu fxsr gdbm gdu gif glitz glx gpm gtk gtk2 ht iconv ipv6 jpeg kde lahf_lm lcms ldap libnotify lm mad matroska mca mce mmx mng modules monitor mp3 mp4 mpeg msr mtrr mudflap multilib mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nx ogg opengl openmp pae pam pango pat pbe pcre pdf pebs perl pge png pni policykit ppds pppd pse36 python qt3 qt3support qt4 rdesktop readline rep_good scanner sdl semantic-desktop sep session spell ss sse sse2 ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg syscall sysfs tcpd theora tiff tm tm2 truetype tsc udev unicode usb vme vmx vorbis vpx x264 xcb xcomposite xinerama xml xorg xtpr xulrunner xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev joystick" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="vga vesa nvidia" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Package Settings

sys-apps/portage-2.1.9.42 was built with the following:
USE="(ipc) (multilib) -build -doc -epydoc -python2 -python3 (-selinux)" LINGUAS="-pl"
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught this at the bottom of your output:
Code:
sys-apps/portage-2.1.9.42 was built with the following:
USE="(ipc) (multilib) -build -doc -epydoc -python2 -python3 (-selinux)" LINGUAS="-pl"

This is normal, but why not try and build with the python2 USE flag anyway? Before you do so, backup your current portage installation with quickpkg in case something goes wrong.

EDIT: Also can you verify that the output of `python -V` points to the correct python installation?
evlich
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with the python2 use flag with no change. python -V seems to report the correct values:
Code:
# eselect python list
  [1]   python2.6
  [2]   python2.7 *
  [3]   python3.1
# python -V
Python 2.7.1

and when on 2.6
Code:
# eselect python list
  [1]   python2.6 *
  [2]   python2.7
  [3]   python3.1
xshard / # python -V
Python 2.6.6

** Problem Solved. My python path was set manually:
Code:
# echo ${PYTHONPATH}
.:/usr/lib/python2.6
tld
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiccTech wrote:
Quote:
No, portage won't remove v2.6. It wil install v2.7 into another slot.

True. However, if you do then run python-updater as instructed by the ebuild, and then run emerge --depclean as instructed by portage, portage does indeed remove Python 2.6.

And then anything that uses Python doesn't work. Like portage. The ebuild probably should have said to eselect the new Python version before running python-updater. If you, like me, find yourself in this situation, the fix seems to be to eselect Python 2.7, then run python-updater again and let it rebuild a whole bunch of stuff.

-TiccTech

Did I ever find this out the hard way today. I ran python-updater without doing the eselect and then the depclean and I was screwed....couldn't even do eselect. I managed to manually link python to the /usr/bin/python2.7 to get out of trouble and I'm now running python-updater correctly with 2.7 active.

I even saw that depclean was going to uninstall 2.6 and assumed it was ok...serious burn!!

Tom
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Python 3.2 rolled in today. Here's the ebuild message:
Quote:
* Messages for package dev-lang/python-3.2:

* You have just upgraded from an older version of Python.
* You should run 'python-updater ${options}' to rebuild Python modules.
These kind of messages still leave a lot open, wish the developers would read this post...
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether anything should be done, in spite of the message mentioned above:
Code:
TitanGentoo2 ~ # eselect python list
  [1]   python2.7 *
  [2]   python3.1
  [3]   python3.2
Python 2 is still my main interpreter and the change takes place in python 3. I have no clue which modules really depend on python 3.
Code:
TitanGentoo2 ~ # python-updater -p
 * Active version of Python 3:     3.1
 *   Adding to list: dev-libs/boost:1.46
 * emerge -Dv1 --keep-going -p dev-libs/boost:1.46

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/boost-1.46.1  USE="eselect icu python static-libs -debug -doc -mpi -test -tools" 41,017 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 41,017 kB
Only package that needs to be rebuilt is dev-libs/boost, which is always added manually so there is some doubt that it is really necessary. I should refrain from using emerge --depclean until things become clearer...
j_c_p
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena : in my opinion, one version of python is enough for each slot (2/3).
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course. My point is that we are again "left in the dark" as to how exactly perform the upgrade and to remove python3.1 :?
Demontager
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did python update to 2.7 ver, but can't get rid "EAPI=2 Not supported problem".

Code:

eselect python set python2.7 && python-updater && emerge -c && revdep-rebuild

Here http://pastebin.com/3NMnvFun I'm trying to emerge ekiga, but as you see it fails. Same "EAPI=2" appears when I do emerge --sync, but only for some ebuilds.
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demontager wrote:
I did python update to 2.7 ver, but can't get rid "EAPI=2 Not supported problem".

Code:

eselect python set python2.7 && python-updater && emerge -c && revdep-rebuild

Here http://pastebin.com/3NMnvFun I'm trying to emerge ekiga, but as you see it fails. Same "EAPI=2" appears when I do emerge --sync, but only for some ebuilds.
Googling the Gentoo forums revealed this possible solution:
Code:

emerge --nodep portage
emerge --nodep python
emerge portage
emerge python
Have not tried it myself though!
teika
Apprentice
Apprentice

Location: YYYY-MM-DD, period. Have you ever used the Internet?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents, I've posted the page on the Python situation in Gentoo to the wiki:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Python_maintenance

Thanks all, especially Helena for discussion. With best regards.
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evlich wrote:
I tried with the python2 use flag with no change. python -V seems to report the correct values:

** Problem Solved. My python path was set manually:
Code:
# echo ${PYTHONPATH}
.:/usr/lib/python2.6

Caused me a headache also.
PYTHONPATH was manually added to env previously to resolve some python-uno problems of openoffice. Commenting the lines solved the problem.

Dw.
multix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... my python is in a strange situation (as fond out while resolving other problems).
Code:
 # eselect python list
  [1]   python2.5
  [2]   python2.7 *
  [3]   python3.2

Seems fine. I have run both python-updater and revdep-rebuild.

However some packages do fail because they look for python 2.6:

Code:

# equery
-su: /usr/bin/equery: /usr/bin/python2.6: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

How can I fix equery? maybe I have to manually reemerge a package? The version select did not work properly somehow?

PS: Can python 2.5 be removed and how?
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multix wrote:

with
Code:
emerge --depclean
python 2.5 should be removed as it is replaced by 2.7. If you do that and then run
Code:
revdep-rebuild
again the offending code may be rebuilt.
multix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena wrote:
multix wrote:

with
Code:
emerge --depclean
python 2.5 should be removed as it is replaced by 2.7. If you do that and then run
Code:
revdep-rebuild
again the offending code may be rebuilt.

emerge --depclean does not remove python 2.5... I already run it. Emerge --depcleans tells me my system is clean, no packages to touch.
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multix wrote:
emerge --depclean does not remove python 2.5... I already run it. Emerge --depcleans tells me my system is clean, no packages to touch.
Apparently somehow a python version <2.7 is requested by your configuration... some code in /etc/env.d or in /etc/make.conf ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: