[SOLVED] KDE 4.6.2 non starting
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belliash
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] KDE 4.6.2 non starting Reply with quote

Hello,

I have just emerged KDE 4.6.2 and it doesnt want to start-up correctly.
I use KDM which starts and allows me to login, then splash shows, icons animate and thats end... Nothing more happens.
In /var/log/kdm.log i found this:

Code:
klauncher(2434) kdemain: no Dbus session-bus found. Check if you have started the DBUS server.
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
kdmgreet(2393) (K*TimeZone*): kSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned initialize() D-Bus call failed: "Not connected to D-Bus server"

Im pretty sure both consolekit and dbus are started up.
I think i checked and tried everything, even downgrading nvidia-drivers to 260 as someone here reported to helped - w/o any success.

Do you have any ideas?

Last edited by Belliash on Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Letharion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start up, get to KDM, restart dbus from terminal 1, check logs for errors, try to log in again? :)
Belliash
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no error regarding dbus.
The only one i get is the one i have already written in 1st post and it occurs only while KDE is starting up, or rather trying to start up...

And when starting via startx i got this:
Code:
startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
Agent registered
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QString)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QString)
kded(5627): Communication problem with  "kded" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied).
OpenGL vendor string:                   NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string:                 GeForce GTS 360M/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string:                  2.1.2 NVIDIA 260.19.44
OpenGL shading language version string:
Driver:                                 NVIDIA
Driver version:                         260.19.44
GPU class:                              G80/G90
OpenGL version:                         2.1.2
GLSL version:                           0.0
X server version:                       1.9.5
Linux kernel version:                   2.6.38
Direct rendering:                       no
Requires strict binding:                no
GLSL shaders:                           yes
Texture NPOT support:                   yes
kwin(5659): Invalid framebuffer status:  "GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED"
kwin(5659): Failed to compile shader:  "
kwin(5659): Failed to compile shader:  "
QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.13'
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
plasma-desktop(5676)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(0, 0)
plasma-desktop(5676)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(0, 0)
Object::connect: No such signal KWindowSystem::windowChanged(WId,unsigned long*)
plasma-desktop(5676)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(-5, -3)
plasma-desktop(5676)/libplasma Plasma::FrameSvg::resizeFrame: Invalid size QSizeF(-5, -3)
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceChanged(QDBusObjectPath)
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Major opcode: 102 (X_ChangeKeyboardControl)
  Resource id:  0xffffffa0
kwin(5659)/kdeui (KNotification) KNotification::slotReceivedIdError: Error while contacting notify daemon "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceChanged(QDBusObjectPath)
QStringList Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevicesInternal()  error:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply"
unnamed app(5669): Communication problem with  "knotify" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

plasma-desktop(5675): Communication problem with  "plasma-desktop" , it probably crashed.

QStringList Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevicesInternal()  error:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply"
kcminit(5651): "Error launching kaccess. Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application."

Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
kdeinit4: Shutting down running client.
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

Looks similiar:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90286
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=993362
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-869835-start-0.html

but no solution so far
red-0ne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

Same problem here. I think plasma-workspace is related somehow. I found similar symptoms to mine here https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270327#c8... i'll try their workaround tomorrow but i don't think it will solve my problem as i never configured that KDE-MicroBlog Plugin.
Belliash
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems solved. More information here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=365637
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: