[Unsolved Mystery] Bibble and cifs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: [Unsolved Mystery] Bibble and cifs Reply with quote

Hello.

I have been running Bibble-5.2.2 pro for some time on gentoo, with no issues -- except one. And it is a really annoying issue at that.

It seems that, under Gentoo, bibble cannot traverse a file system that has been cifs mounted. I have a windows 7 box hosting my pictures, and I have mounted that drive via cifs to my gentoo box. I never have any issues with it, it works flawlessly -- except for bibble. When I click on that directory in bibble, it always appears to be empty.

I have checked my dependencies against those listed in the rpm (I am installing via rpm), and I fulfill them all. Bibble won't help me, because Gentoo is unsupported. The funny thing is, that under Debian Squeeze, bibble works as expected -- cifs and all...

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? I mean, the fact that that directory is mounted doesn't seem like it should matter to bibble at all.

Thank you!

G
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: