Winex 2.0 Speed Issues.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Winex 2.0 Speed Issues. Reply with quote

I have seen posts from people claiming that they can run SOF2 test using winex with no problems, yet on my sys (athlonxp 1700+, 512 pc2100, gf4 ti-4600) it is not even close to playable due to the excessive lack of speed. After installing (of course) I just run winex sof2test.exe, are there switches or options that I should include in the command line or what else could I be doing wrong? Any thoughts? Thanks -

NicZak
Malakin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have glx working right? (glxinfo)

I was getting 50fps in the sof2 demo with an xp1800/geforce1 tonight. Absolutely no tweaking, all I did was run "wine" like you did.

If you're compiling WineX from cvs make sure you compile it without the "-g" but even that wouldn't slow it down massively.
deadbeat

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im no expert but i swore i remember reading while i was looking at nvidia driver info that it could be using the mesagl libs.. also im assuming u installed the nvidia driver? (if not its in the gentoo desktop guide)..let me check on the conflict...yep.. here it is:

symptoms of conflicts with Mesa (libraries and extensions) are crashes with Segmentation Faults (Signal 11) - either instantaneously after you start X or when you attempt to run an OpenGL application. another indication of such a conflict is extremely poor performance (1-5 fps), which happens when you get Mesa software rendering.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/nvidia_tsg.html

see if that helps.
good luck

-db[/b]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: