View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: java on ppc Reply with quote

hi
it seems "kaffe" has been removed and ibm-jdk is not available (why is it masked?) for ppc

* dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin [ Masked ]
Latest version available: 1.6.0.8
Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
Size of files: 373,910 kB
Homepage: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/
Description: IBM Java SE Development Kit
License: IBM-J1.6

so, what about the java support on ppc ?
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddc,

The package says
Code:
KEYWORDS="-* ~amd64 ~ppc ~ppc64 ~x86"

That means its in the testing tree for you.

Add
Code:
dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin
to your /etc/portage/package.keywords to unmask it.
If it works, please report that fact to bugs.gentoo.org. See if there is a bug already, if so, add to it. If not make a new one.
Report what you did to confirm it works.

Its a case of the devs gathering test evidence that it can be made stable.

Be aware that it may depend on other testing packages, in which case you need to add them to /etc/portage/package.keywords too.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely masked for you because you have not added the license to your make.conf.

For the specific JDK you posted, you should add:
Code:
ACCEPT_LICENSE="IBM-J1.6"

to your make.conf
DtZ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also possible to use icedtea on gentoo ppc. It takes some time to bootstrap it, but once it's done it works properly. I don't have any problems with it.
blob999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your gentoo ppc is a 32bit version i strongly suggest to you to use IcedTea-1.9 OpenJDK Shark VM.
It's faster and lighter then Zero VM build (and totally better then any IBM binary release).
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we build IcedTea using packages currently in the tree and not in an overlay? Last time I looked, that wasn't the case.
DtZ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, it's currently not possible to bootstrap java on ppc without using additional overlays. Still, once the initial version of java is bootstrapped all overlays can be removed. I think it'd be possible to prepare ppc version of icedta-bin (similar to what is available on x86 and amd64) which would remove dependency on the overlays.

@blob999
Thanks for the suggestion. I rarely use java so speed is not important for me. I just wanted to see if it's possible to get rid of ibm-jdk which requires manual download each time it's upgraded.
newPPC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m sorry, i´m very new, I try to install java, and i think i can use it, i put ACCEPT_LICENSE="IBM-J1.6"
and all was ok, but java-config --list-available-vms dont show me nothing and i can´t use java, anyone can tell me how to install java? or any place to get ppc help, i follow these steps but i can´t install nothing, no kde, no java, etc
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you attempt to install to get Java? Even after changing the license, you need to actually emerge "ibm-jdk-bin". As for your other problems, please put them in a new topic and give us some details. Thanks!
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob999 wrote:
if your gentoo ppc is a 32bit version i strongly suggest to you to use IcedTea-1.9 OpenJDK Shark VM.
It's faster and lighter then Zero VM build (and totally better then any IBM binary release).
Is that true? Then I would definitely go for icedtea and drop IBM jdk, finally getting rid of the manual downloads for updates.
It has been said that icedtea is slower than SUN JRE on x86, but it is still faster than IBM?

This would be another reason to finally set icedtea to at least ~ppc.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massimo B. wrote:
Is that true? Then I would definitely go for icedtea and drop IBM jdk, finally getting rid of the manual downloads for updates.
It has been said that icedtea is slower than SUN JRE on x86, but it is still faster than IBM?
Also, be aware that icedtea still has some problems with its browser plugin. Because of bug 588 I cannot use it for java-nsplugin. So I still need to have sun-jre-bin installed.
Code:
$ eselect java-nsplugin list

Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
  [1]   icedtea6
  [2]   sun-jre-bin-1.6  current
Code:
$ eselect java-vm list

Available Java Virtual Machines:
  [1]   icedtea6  system-vm
  [2]   sun-jre-bin-1.6
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
Because of bug 588 I cannot use it for java-nsplugin. So I still need to have sun-jre-bin installed.

And as for ppc this would be the ibm-jre alternative.
But nice, as I see you can have both installed while using icedtea as system-vm and setting nsplugin to the other.

Please keep this thread informed if there are any news in icedtea towards nsplugin.

What I don't understand in detail, what is the job of icedtea? It is not a JDK itself. While the JDK is OpenJDK, icedtea is a build harness for the OpenJDK(taken from icedtea FAQ). What does that mean?
Then I read it is not possible currently to get icedtea installed for the first time without using overlays. Afterwards the bootstrapping would work without the overlay, is that true? Which overlay is needed?

Under the subject java support on ppc this topic is highly interesting.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massimo B. wrote:
Then I read it is not possible currently to get icedtea installed for the first time without using overlays. Afterwards the bootstrapping would work without the overlay, is that true? Which overlay is needed?
At least on amd64, no overlay is needed. Bootstrapping with gcj-jdk-4.4.4 works fine here.
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I need some keywords:
Code:
# tail -n 4 /etc/portage/package.keywords
dev-java/gcj-jdk                                ~ppc
dev-java/icedtea                                ~ppc
dev-java/ecj-gcj                                ~ppc
sys-apps/lsb-release                            ~ppc
sys-devel/gcc                                   ~ppc

Then I needed sys-devel/gcc-4.5.2 which is ~ppc currently.
Code:
emerge -1 dev-java/gcj-jdk =virtual/jdk-1.5.0
emerge --onlydeps -at icedtea
emerge icedtea

Code:
# eselect java-vm list
Available Java Virtual Machines:
  [1]   gcj-jdk
  [2]   ibm-jdk-bin-1.5
  [3]   ibm-jdk-bin-1.6
  [4]   icedtea6  system-vm

# eselect java-nsplugin list
Available Java browser plugins
  [1]   ibm-jdk-bin-1.5
  [2]   ibm-jdk-bin-1.6  current
  [3]   icedtea6

...and is working right now.
I'm going to test if nsplugin works with icedtea. I read it doesn't.
dobbs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blob999 wrote:

How do I do that? My current USE flags for icedtea don't mention shark:
Code:
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3:
 U I
 - - cacao      : Use the CACAO virtual machine instead of HotSpot on x86,
                  amd64 or SPARC architectures.
 - - debug      : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output.
                  If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
                  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
 - - doc        : Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
 - - examples   : Install examples, usually source code
 + + hs20       : Use the new version of HotSpot (20).
 - - jamvm      : Use the JamVM virtual machine instead of HotSpot.
 - - javascript : Enables javascript support
 - - nio2       : Enable backport of NIO2 to OpenJDK6.
 + + nsplugin   : Enable browser plugin (NPPlugin), requires also the webstart
                  flag to be enabled.
 + + nss        : Enable NSS security provider support.
 - - pulseaudio : Adds support for PulseAudio sound server
 + + webstart   : Enable Web Start support (via NetX).
 + + xrender    : Enable support for using XRender with the AWT libraries.
 - - zero       : Enable the zero assembler port of HotSpot.

Actually, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could suggest tweaks to improve Java performance.
sera
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I don't understand in detail, what is the job of icedtea? It is not a JDK itself. While the JDK is OpenJDK, icedtea is a build harness for the OpenJDK(taken from icedtea FAQ). What does that mean?

The sun jdk didin't become open overnight and there were a lot of missing bits and pieces. Icedtea was the project filling in those pieces (mostly gnu classpath) and providing a build system for it. The code on it's own is rather useless for end users.

Icedtea is a jdk based on openjdk one could say, trying to keep the differences low.

Quote:

The development happens in the java-overlay. Not sure it's still needed to bootstrap icedtea so. Might depend on architecture. There you can also find icedtea7.
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading ZeroSharkFaq...
Does that mean, there is a OpenJDK PPC port of IcedTea from Red Hat? And Zero was only to support other archs than x86, x86-64, SPARC and now PPC?
So while Zero is very slow, it is not required at least for PPC?

So now about Shark, this was written to build Zero by using LLVM and therefore JIT, just to improve the performance deficiency of Zero a bit?

Still the question, what is the best way to install IcedTea on PPC? USE="-zero"?
dobbs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massimo B. wrote:
Reading ZeroSharkFaq...
Does that mean, there is a OpenJDK PPC port of IcedTea from Red Hat? And Zero was only to support other archs than x86, x86-64, SPARC and now PPC?
So while Zero is very slow, it is not required at least for PPC?

Sun released OpenJDK as an open source Java, but it required the use of some non-open source things to get it to run. IcedTea was essentially a RedHat project to complete the OpenJDK, sort of a "last mile" effort to provide a truly open Java. Read more on Wikipedia.

I can't say for sure that PPC requires Zero, but building IcedTea6 on my PowerBook results in a Zero build without selecting USE="zero":
Code:
dobbs@vertigo ~ $ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.3) (Gentoo build 1.6.0_22-b22)
OpenJDK Zero VM (build 20.0-b11, interpreted mode)

Massimo B. wrote:
So now about Shark, this was written to build Zero by using LLVM and therefore JIT, just to improve the performance deficiency of Zero a bit?

Pretty much, yeah. At least, that's what I get out of it. HotSpot uses static assembly optimizations, Zero is a port of HotSpot to remove the non-portable assembly, and Shark is a JIT-optimized Zero.

Massimo B. wrote:
Still the question, what is the best way to install IcedTea on PPC? USE="-zero"?

Looks like that USE flag doesn't do anything on PPC as Zero is automatically selected. Unless HotSpot really does support PPC (doesn't look like it), Zero is probably the most supported VM, while Jam claims to be faster. CACAO was an experimental (academic?) VM that compiled the Java classes into native machine code as they were loaded. The theoretical performance benefit of running native code seems to be mitigated by the long compile times and lack of robust optimizations. It would be interesting to compare the speed of Jam vs. CACAO vs. Zero, but Jam and CACAO appear to not provide an entirely complete VM (missing some debugging interfaces?). I haven't attempted to build anything beyond the default Zero VM yet.

What we really need is a "shark" USE flag...

sera wrote:
The development happens in the java-overlay. Not sure it's still needed to bootstrap icedtea so. Might depend on architecture. There you can also find icedtea7.

dev-java/icedtea no longer requires anything from overlays. It does require a gcj-jdk version matching your GCC (i.e. dev-java/gcj-jdk-4.4.5 for sys-devel/gcc-4.4.5), and GCC needs the gcj USE flag.
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understand, PPC will always get a Zero build, even without the USE="zero".
Isn't there a Shark Zero built possible?
From the ZeroSharkFaq I understand there is a native IcedTea PPC-Port from RedHat which comes without the slow Zero?

Did anyone try the Cacao-VM or JamVM? There we have a USE-flag for and Cacao and JamVM also use a JIT compiler. Originally Cacao was planned to be a fast alternative for SUN JDK before they also switched to JIT. JamVM even had the G3 and G4 as main platform long time and claims to be highly optimized there.
dobbs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have successfully emerged IcedTea6 Shark VM!
Code:
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.3) (Gentoo build 1.6.0_22-b22)
OpenJDK Shark VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

SciMark scores are... disappointing. They're so bad, in fact, they don't register on the visual comparison graph, and it's hard to accept them as valid. I ran SciMark on Shark, IBM's, and GCJ. I don't know what GCJ's score was because of major UI issues (possibly limited to gcj-jdk-4.4.5, newer versions might solve it), but it didn't show up on the visual graph either. Tests were run on my 1.67GHz PowerBook G4. For reference, my dual 2.6GHz Pentium 4 Xeon scores 567.4 running Sun's JRE. All tests were performed by running SciMark on the command line, not inside a browser. I'll test JamVM and CACAO if I can get them to build. I attempted to build JamVM once already, but it failed with a linking error. Oh, I need to test plain Zero as well.

SciMark scores:
Code:
OpenJDK 1.6 Shark      7.0
OpenJDK 1.6 Zero       7.1
JRE 1.6.0 IBM        203.5
Apple HotSpot 1.5.0   75.8  * OS X

Assuming we can trust these SciMarks, it's not entirely surprising IBM has the fastest VM. My CPU is an IBM processor; it's possible they know what they're doing. However, interacting with the SciMark UI does not show a noticeable difference in speed between IBM and the others, as the results would suggest. I feel that the Shark and GCJ scores are not reporting correctly. The SciMark UI has a couple minor issues with the result submission form, but they happened with all VMs, even Sun's JRE on my P4 Xeon.

For those wishing to try this themselves, I emerged icedtea-6.1.10.3 from a modified ebuild. In fact, I copied the whole /usr/portage/dev-java/icedtea directory to my local overlay and enabled the shark USE flag. It helped that most of it was already in the ebuild. :) Everyone else can just apply the shark patch from bug 257567.

If you have a local overlay set up, apply the patch like so (Don't copy and paste; adapt the commands to your situation):
Code:
# copy ebuild and support files to your local overlay
mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/dev-java
cp -R /usr/local/portage/dev-java/icedtea /usr/local/portage/dev-java/

# apply the patch to local overlay
cd /usr/local/portage/dev-java/icedtea
patch -p0 icedtea-6.1.10.3.ebuild < /path/to/patch.file

# update manifest
ebuild icedtea-6.1.10.3.ebuild manifest

# fix an LLVM linking issue
ln -s /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVM-2.8.so /usr/lib/

# emerge the packages
USE="shark" emerge -av icedtea

When I initially tried to emerge icedtea with USE="shark", it couldn't link to LLVM. I don't know why ld couldn't find the .so file; it seems to be an issue with LLVM not inserting its paths into the library search variables. My quick fix was to toss a link to it into one of ld's known paths (as seen above). This is probably a bad idea, but I can't think of any immediate issues. This is for testing only, and should not be used "for real". It's probably better to place the path in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, but I couldn't get that to work, even after running env-update and sourcing /etc/profile. My system may have linking issues...

A side note, I notice IBM has JIT as well:
Code:
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pxp3260sr9fp1-20110208_03(SR9 FP1))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Linux ppc-32 jvmxp3260sr9-20110203_74623 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20110203_074623
JIT  - r9_20101028_17488ifx3
GC   - 20101027_AA)
JCL  - 20110203_01

Edit:
I added a SciMark for Apple's JavaVM running under OSX 10.5. Maybe IBM's JavaVM is just really, really optimized for number crunching?
Added OpenJDK Zero VM (Without Shark) benchmark.

Last edited by dobbs on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you compare the Shark score with the score from IcedTea coming from the current dev-java/icedtea (obviously being a Zero built)?

By the way, while reading about these disappointing score, as mentioned here I already successfully use the dev-java/icedtea VM for some applications on my PB-G4 such as german Hibiscus (banking and finance) which fails on IBM-JDK and is only tested by the developer on SUN-JDK.
...and it is usable and not that slow (given that this is one of the only portable banking solutions on Linux-ppc beside gnucash, which I was not able to get connected to my account. Don't forget to replace the swt.jar with those coming from dev-java/swt).
dobbs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have not yet benchmarked IcedTea's plain Zero build. It will be a few hours at the least before I can do that as I have to rebuild the icedtea package. And I don't want to do that until I remember how to save the current build as a tbz2 binary package.

SciMark only tests math computation speeds, not UI, memory allocation or other background stuff. Very few Java programs I am aware of crunch that many numbers. OpenJDK may show better results with different benchmarking software. SciMark is the only one I knew about (but I have a very limited knowledge there).
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both, USE="cacao" and USE="jamvm".
As for cacao I was not able to start the swt application, eventhough I still have the swt.jar replaced by the ppc-specific:
Code:

$ ls -al lib//swt/linux/swt*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 massimo massimo   30 13. Aug 10:30 lib//swt/linux/swt.jar -> /usr/share/swt-3.6/lib/swt.jar
-rwxr-xr-x 1 massimo massimo 1,5M 27. Jun 19:56 lib//swt/linux/swt.jar.bac*

$ ./jameica.sh
[Sun Aug 14 13:09:05 CEST 2011][INFO][de.willuhn.jameica.system.StartupParams.<init>] starting in STANDALONE mode
[Sun Aug 14 13:09:05 CEST 2011][INFO][de.willuhn.jameica.system.StartupParams.<init>] workdir: null
[Sun Aug 14 13:09:05 CEST 2011][INFO][de.willuhn.jameica.system.Application.init] starting jameica...
[Sun Aug 14 13:09:05 CEST 2011][INFO][de.willuhn.jameica.system.Platform.getWorkdir] using workdir: /home/massimo/.jameica
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
        no swt-gtk-3655 in java.library.path
        no swt-gtk in java.library.path
        Can't load library: /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-gtk-3655.so
        Can't load library: /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-gtk.so

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.gui.GUI.getDisplay(GUI.java:824)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.gui.SplashScreen.<init>(SplashScreen.java:84)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.system.ApplicationCallbackSWT.getStartupMonitor(ApplicationCallbackSWT.java:167)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.system.Application.init(Application.java:95)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.system.Application.newInstance(Application.java:85)
        at de.willuhn.jameica.Main.main(Main.java:78)

As for jamvm I was not even able to build icedtea:
Code:
make[5]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src/classlib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src/classlib'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src/classlib'
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src'
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -mcpu=7450 -O2 -pipe -maltivec -mabi=altivec  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -o jamvm jam.o libcore.la -lz -ldl -lm -lrt -lpthread
libtool: link: gcc -mcpu=7450 -O2 -pipe -maltivec -mabi=altivec -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -o jamvm jam.o  ./.libs/libcore.a -lz -ldl -lm -lrt -lpthread
./.libs/libcore.a(dll.o): In function `setJNIMethod':
dll.c:(.text+0xff4): undefined reference to `convertSig2Simple'
./.libs/libcore.a(dll.o):(.got2+0x5c): undefined reference to `jni_static_stubs'
./.libs/libcore.a(dll.o):(.got2+0x60): undefined reference to `jni_stubs'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [jamvm] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa/src'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.10.3/work/icedtea6-1.10.3/jamvm/jamvm-a95ca049d3bb257d730535a5d5ec3f73a943d0aa'
make: *** [stamps/jamvm.stamp] Error 2

dobbs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back from holiday, and added the OpenJDK Zero VM scimark score. It's actually slightly better than the OpenJDK Shark score, but only just.

Massimo B. wrote:
As for jamvm I was not even able to build icedtea

That was my experience as well.
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dobbs wrote:
...added the OpenJDK Zero VM scimark score. It's actually slightly better than the OpenJDK Shark score

What? I was guessing the Shark should be the better one, not plain Zero?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: