problem emerging glibc with propolice
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ba
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: problem emerging glibc with propolice Reply with quote

I have been trying to emerge sys-libs/glibc-2.3.2-r1 with propolice and got error:

Code:

CPP='gcc -E -x c-header'  /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/elf/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/math:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/elf:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/dlfcn:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/nss:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/nis:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/rt:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/resolv:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/crypt:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/linuxthreads /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/rpcgen -Y ../scripts -h rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x -o /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.T
touch /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp
CPP='gcc -E -x c-header'  /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/elf/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/math:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/elf:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/dlfcn:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/nss:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/nis:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/rt:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/resolv:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/crypt:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/linuxthreads /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/rpcgen -Y ../scripts -c rpcsvc/nlm_prot.x -o /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/xnlm_prot.T
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.stmp] Segmentation fault
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
stdout: Broken pipe
/bin/sh ../scripts/move-if-change /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/xnlm_prot.T /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/xnlm_prot.c
touch /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/buildhere/sunrpc/xnlm_prot.stmp
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2/sunrpc'
make[1]: *** [sunrpc/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.2-r1/work/glibc-2.3.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.2-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 419, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

My CFLAGS="-mcpu=ultrasparc -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector". I tryed to emerge it several times and sometimes I got Bus error insted of segfault(in the same place). Without -fstack-protector it compiles nicely.
bazik
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a bug on https://bugs.gentoo.org about this.
And include more details like 'emerge info'. Thanks!
labrador
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Can't emerge glibc Reply with quote

I am confused as to what is going on. I've looked at the bug
reports, and read the news on propolice [url ]http://dev.gentoo.org/~method/propolice.html[/url]
but I don't understand the picture.

First of all, I never asked for propolice, and the above web page
says it isn't for production yet, so why is it on my systems?

Secondly, why is my x86 box showing glibc2.3.2-r1 is installed
and no updates are available in emerge -up system, while my sparc
box is running glibc2.3.2-r1 and wants to upgrade to r3 with
emerge -up system?

Thirdly, if the web page above is correct, and emerging the glibc
with propolice will automatically include the -fstack-protector flag
and thus break sandbox and future use of emerge, why isn't that being
prevented by changing the default ebuild flags for glibc? I can't
see how having a broken emerge can be a feature, since future
use of gentoo depends on it.

Can someone shed some light on what I'm sure is a misunderstanding
and some dated information. (No date provided on the propolice
web page)?
labrador
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Here is some information on later advice regarding propolice Reply with quote

The first page I found on propolice from someone's link in the
forums was dated!

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=106976&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The above thread will let you find my later post containing a link to
the newer resource on propolice.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: