gcc-3.2_pre-r1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russki
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: gcc-3.2_pre-r1 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've updated gcc from gcc-3.2_pre to gcc-3.2_pre-r1 this morning.
The first thing I've notised was that balsa and mozilla 1.1_beta doesn't work anymore. I don't see any error massages at all. I've tryed to compile balsa, but I get an error
Code:

checking for scrollkeeper-config... /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-config
checking for jw... /usr/bin/jw
checking for new_pspell_manager in -lpspell... no
configure: error: *** libpspell(-devel) not found.  Please check http://www.balsa.net for information on the required files.

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line -167, Exitcode 1
!!! configure balsa failed

!!! emerge aborting on  /usr/portage/net-mail/balsa/balsa-2.0.1-r1.ebuild .

I didn't try to emerge mozilla yet. I used the binary version from mozilla.org to quickly go and look around on the forums to see if some one else had this problem.
Well anyway, I want to know if some one experiences this and maybe more.
Russki
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quick! GCC 3.2 is out. I am emerging it right now. Curios if it will make mozilla and balsa work again.
IWBCMAN
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also did an upgrade from 3.2_pre to 3.2_pre-r1 and it broke lots and lots of programs. I may try it(or the next release)again later, but I unmerged it and unpacked my stage3 tar again(on top of my system) and started rebuilding the whole system again(actually I kind of like this-my computer is never bored sitting around idling away, my computer is compiling and recompiling and rerecompiling 10-12 hours a day(with nice -n 19 I can keep doing everything else(writing, searching, reading, viewing movies, and video games))

sometime tomorrow morning I will have recompiled almost everyting on my system....(of course what do should I expect playing with pre-alpha not-yet releases:))

(I should note that I had no problem immediately after emerging 3.2_pre_r1- I only had problems once I started to try to compile things with it-seg faults everywhere, missing libstg+++5.0(ver?)-gcc just got up and died on me- then, only then, as last resort did unpack the stage3 tar....)
Russki
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my world upgrade with GCC 3.2 is still going and going. I hope when I wake up tomorrow, it'll be ready!
Quote:
but I unmerged it and unpacked my stage3 tar again(on top of my system) and started rebuilding the whole system again(actually I kind of like this-my computer is never bored sitting around idling away, my computer is compiling and recompiling and rerecompiling 10-12 hours a day(with nice -n 19 I can keep doing everything else(writing, searching, reading, viewing movies, and video games))

sometime tomorrow morning I will have recompiled almost everyting on my system....(of course what do should I expect playing with pre-alpha not-yet releases:))

I try not to go back. But to work it out or try the next upgrade.
B.t.w. GCC 3.2 is not alfa anymore.
Anyway, success!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: