View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pontus1970
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Chromium for AMD64 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to know if Chromium is stable engough to run on amd64? It is masked in portage and that makes me wonder why? Any thoughts on this?

TIA, Pontus
jcTux
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using it every day. For me, I've no problems to report.
pontus1970
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will give it a go then!

Pontus
jcTux
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least, there is a problem with acroread plugin. It doesn't work at all.
But I can live with that :)
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Chromium for AMD64 Reply with quote

pontus1970 wrote:
I'd like to know if Chromium is stable engough to run on amd64? It is masked in portage and that makes me wonder why?

See http://dev.gentoo.org/~phajdan.jr/ for information why Chromium is masked in Gentoo and how. You can expect a stable ebuild once upstream releases a stable version. Anyway, even the dev channel releases are quite stable.
pontus1970
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! I will read up on that, thanks for answering! I have installed already and as of yet not found anything unstable.

Thanks, Pontus
jodel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Chromium for AMD64 Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
You can expect a stable ebuild once upstream releases a stable version. Anyway, even the dev channel releases are quite stable.

Will there ever be a stable version upstream? google chrome has stable releases, chromium obviously not.
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Chromium for AMD64 Reply with quote

jodel wrote:
phajdan.jr wrote:
You can expect a stable ebuild once upstream releases a stable version. Anyway, even the dev channel releases are quite stable.

Will there ever be a stable version upstream? google chrome has stable releases, chromium obviously not.

With the detailed info what code was used to compile given Google Chrome release, we take the same code and do a Chromium build.

Please note that the "stableness" of Google Chrome releases depends on the platform. For Windows, you have stable, beta, and dev channels. For Linux and Mac, there is currently only beta and dev. Also take a look at http://omahaproxy.appspot.com/.
jodel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google chrome is now stable for mac and linux:

http://chrome.blogspot.com/
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jodel wrote:
google chrome is now stable for mac and linux:

http://chrome.blogspot.com/

Please also take a look at http://phajdan-jr.blogspot.com/2010/05/www-clientchromium-soon-to-go-stable-in.html if you want to help with testing.
jodel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emerged the new version and it is running perfectly.

Thanks for your great work.
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is any way to put a limit of memory usage in chormium? Sometimes it scares me with 25% of memory usage (I've got 4GB)
linear
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they resolved the issue with the nVidia-proprietary GLX drivers? And, if so, which version?

I was still getting failures like the following when building www-client/chromium-5.0.375.70:
Code:
  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=nocona -O2 -pipe -march=nocona -O2 -pipe -pthread -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -O2 -fno-ident -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -fvisibility-inlines-hidden '-DNO_TCMALLOC' '-DNO_HEAPCHECKER' '-DCHROMIUM_BUILD' '-DENABLE_GPU=1' '-DGLEW_STATIC' '-DGL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DNDEBUG' '-DNVALGRIND' -I. -Igpu -Ithird_party/glew/include -MMD -MF out/Release/.deps/out/Release/obj.target/command_buffer_service/gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.o.d.raw -c -o out/Release/obj.target/command_buffer_service/gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.o gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.cc
In file included from ./gpu/command_buffer/service/gl_utils.h:59,
                 from ./gpu/command_buffer/service/buffer_manager.h:13,
                 from gpu/command_buffer/service/buffer_manager.cc:5:
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:169: error: 'XVisualInfo* __glewXChooseVisual(Display*, int, int*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1214: error: previous declaration of 'XVisualInfo* (* __glewXChooseVisual)(Display*, int, int*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:172: error: 'void __glewXCopyContext(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*, __GLXcontextRec*, long unsigned int)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1220: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXCopyContext)(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*, __GLXcontextRec*, GLulong)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:175: error: '__GLXcontextRec* __glewXCreateContext(Display*, XVisualInfo*, __GLXcontextRec*, int)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1217: error: previous declaration of '__GLXcontextRec* (* __glewXCreateContext)(Display*, XVisualInfo*, __GLXcontextRec*, int)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:178: error: 'GLXPixmap __glewXCreateGLXPixmap(Display*, XVisualInfo*, Pixmap)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1215: error: previous declaration of 'GLXPixmap (* __glewXCreateGLXPixmap)(Display*, XVisualInfo*, Pixmap)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:180: error: 'void __glewXDestroyContext(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1218: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXDestroyContext)(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:182: error: 'void __glewXDestroyGLXPixmap(Display*, GLXPixmap)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1216: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXDestroyGLXPixmap)(Display*, GLXPixmap)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:185: error: 'int __glewXGetConfig(Display*, XVisualInfo*, int, int*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1213: error: previous declaration of 'int (* __glewXGetConfig)(Display*, XVisualInfo*, int, int*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:187: error: '__GLXcontextRec* __glewXGetCurrentContext()' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1222: error: previous declaration of '__GLXcontextRec* (* __glewXGetCurrentContext)()'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:189: error: 'GLXDrawable __glewXGetCurrentDrawable()' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1223: error: previous declaration of 'GLXDrawable (* __glewXGetCurrentDrawable)()'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:191: error: 'int __glewXIsDirect(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1219: error: previous declaration of 'int (* __glewXIsDirect)(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:194: error: 'int __glewXMakeCurrent(Display*, GLXDrawable, __GLXcontextRec*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1221: error: previous declaration of 'int (* __glewXMakeCurrent)(Display*, GLXDrawable, __GLXcontextRec*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:196: error: 'int __glewXQueryExtension(Display*, int*, int*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1211: error: previous declaration of 'int (* __glewXQueryExtension)(Display*, int*, int*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:198: error: 'int __glewXQueryVersion(Display*, int*, int*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1212: error: previous declaration of 'int (* __glewXQueryVersion)(Display*, int*, int*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:200: error: 'void __glewXSwapBuffers(Display*, GLXDrawable)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1226: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXSwapBuffers)(Display*, GLXDrawable)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:202: error: 'void __glewXUseXFont(Font, int, int, int)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1227: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXUseXFont)(Font, int, int, int)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:204: error: 'void __glewXWaitGL()' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1224: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXWaitGL)()'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:206: error: 'void __glewXWaitX()' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1225: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXWaitX)()'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:343: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct GLXPbufferClobberEvent GLXPbufferClobberEvent'
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:296: error: 'GLXPbufferClobberEvent' has a previous declaration as 'typedef struct GLXPbufferClobberEvent GLXPbufferClobberEvent'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:345: error: redefinition of 'union __GLXEvent'
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:297: error: previous definition of 'union __GLXEvent'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:348: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:348: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef int GLXEvent'
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:300: error: 'GLXEvent' has a previous declaration as 'typedef union __GLXEvent GLXEvent'
                 from ./gpu/command_buffer/service/framebuffer_manager.h:13,
                 from gpu/command_buffer/service/framebuffer_manager.cc:5:
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:169: error: 'XVisualInfo* __glewXChooseVisual(Display*, int, int*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1214: error: previous declaration of 'XVisualInfo* (* __glewXChooseVisual)(Display*, int, int*)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:172: error: 'void __glewXCopyContext(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*, __GLXcontextRec*, long unsigned int)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
...<snip>...

TIA.
platojones
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know if they resolved the issue with the nVidia-proprietary GLX drivers? And, if so, which version?

I was still getting failures like the following when building www-client/chromium-5.0.375.70:

Works perfect for me with nvidia-drivers-195.36.24
wjb
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok on 190.42-r3, except the default fonts were a little small.
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linear wrote:

Which version are you using by the way? We have success reports for 190.42-r3 and 195.36.24. I'd like to confirm that your version number is lower or higher than that.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linear wrote:

Code:
  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=nocona -O2 -pipe -march=nocona -O2 -pipe -pthread -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -O2 -fno-ident -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -fvisibility-inlines-hidden '-DNO_TCMALLOC' '-DNO_HEAPCHECKER' '-DCHROMIUM_BUILD' '-DENABLE_GPU=1' '-DGLEW_STATIC' '-DGL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES' '-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS' '-DNDEBUG' '-DNVALGRIND' -I. -Igpu -Ithird_party/glew/include -MMD -MF out/Release/.deps/out/Release/obj.target/command_buffer_service/gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.o.d.raw -c -o out/Release/obj.target/command_buffer_service/gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.o gpu/command_buffer/service/gles2_cmd_decoder.cc
                 from ./gpu/command_buffer/service/buffer_manager.h:13,
                 from gpu/command_buffer/service/buffer_manager.cc:5:
third_party/glew/include/GL/glxew.h:1220: error: previous declaration of 'void (* __glewXCopyContext)(Display*, __GLXcontextRec*, __GLXcontextRec*, GLulong)'
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:175: error: '__GLXcontextRec* __glewXCreateContext(Display*, XVisualInfo*, __GLXcontextRec*, int)' redeclared as different kind of symbol

TIA.

Why do you think it has anything to do with nvidia drivers ? I run nvidia-drivers-173.x series and glx.h belongs to mesa while glxew.h is part of media-libs/glew
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmpogo wrote:
Why do you think it has anything to do with nvidia drivers ? I run nvidia-drivers-173.x series and glx.h belongs to mesa while glxew.h is part of media-libs/glew

I think it depends on "eselect opengl" settings.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
dmpogo wrote:

I think it depends on "eselect opengl" settings.

No, nvidia-drivers provides runtime libraries, not .h include files (with the exeption of /usr/include/cuda/cudaGL.h
and /usr/include/cuda/cuda.h )
linear
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

And sorry for the delay in this post.

@dmpogo: You are mistaken and phajdan.jr is correct.
Code:
# eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   nvidia *
  [2]   xorg-x11

... and the reason I am certain of the link with the nvidia-drivers package is following the error output of:
Quote:

I find this:
Code:
# ls -l /usr/include/GL/glx.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 Dec 11 17:38 /usr/include/GL/glx.h -> //usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glx.h

and to confirm this:
Code:
# equery files nvidia-drivers
/etc
/etc/modprobe.d
...<snip>...
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/gl.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glext.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glx.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glxext.h
...<snip>...

@phajdan.jr: I am running 185.18.36. I will try an upgrade when I get a chance to actually log off my desktop for a while. If my nvidia-drivers package is that out-of-date, I imagine there will be many other upgrades I'll probably need to do to get everything to run smoothly.

And thanks to all for helping me out on this. Always easier to solve a problem with more than one pair of eyes on it.

TA.
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmpogo wrote:
I run nvidia-drivers-173.x series

And does www-client/chromium compile for you? It would be interesting to know that.

For the current information we have, 190.x and above is fine, and below is broken.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
dmpogo wrote:
I run nvidia-drivers-173.x series

And does www-client/chromium compile for you? It would be interesting to know that.

For the current information we have, 190.x and above is fine, and below is broken.

sure, never had a problem. Whether with 173.x series on one computer or with 190.x series on another.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linear wrote:

and to confirm this:
Code:
# equery files nvidia-drivers
/etc
/etc/modprobe.d
...<snip>...
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/gl.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glext.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glx.h
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/include/glxext.h
...<snip>...

Hm, on my machine

Code:

$$ equery files nvidia-drivers
[ Searching for packages matching nvidia-drivers... ]                           
* Contents of x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25: 
/etc                                                                           
/etc/modprobe.d                                                                 
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia.conf                                                     
/lib                                                                           
/lib/modules                                                                   
/lib/modules/2.6.30-gentoo-r5                                                   
/lib/modules/2.6.30-gentoo-r5/video                                             
/lib/modules/2.6.30-gentoo-r5/video/nvidia.ko                                   
/usr                                                                           
/usr/bin                                                                       
/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh                                                   
/usr/bin/nvidia-smi                                                             
/usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig                                                         
/usr/include                                                                   
/usr/include/cuda                                                               
/usr/include/cuda/cuda.h                                                       
/usr/include/cuda/cudaGL.h                                                     
/usr/lib32                                                                     
/usr/lib32/opengl                                                               
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia                                                       
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib                                                   
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so -> libGL.so.173.14.25                     
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.173.14.25                   
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.173.14.25                                 
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so -> libGLcore.so.173.14.25             
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so.1 -> libGLcore.so.173.14.25           
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so.173.14.25                             
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so -> libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25     
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1 -> libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25   
/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25                         
/usr/lib64                                                                     
/usr/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.a                                                     
/usr/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.so -> libXvMCNVIDIA.so.173.14.25                       
/usr/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.173.14.25                                           
/usr/lib64/libcuda.so -> libcuda.so.1                                           
/usr/lib64/libcuda.so.1 -> libcuda.so.173.14.25                                 
/usr/lib64/libcuda.so.173.14.25                                                 
/usr/lib64/libnvidia-cfg.so.173.14.25                                           
/usr/lib64/opengl                                                               
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia                                                       
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/extensions                                             
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/extensions/libglx.so -> /usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/extensions/libglx.so.173.14.25                                                       
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/extensions/libglx.so.173.14.25                         
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib                                                   
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so -> libGL.so.173.14.25                     
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.173.14.25                   
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.173.14.25                                 
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so -> libGLcore.so.173.14.25             
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so.1 -> libGLcore.so.173.14.25           
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so.173.14.25                             
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so -> libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25     
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1 -> libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25   
/usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.173.14.25                         
/usr/lib64/xorg                                                                 
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules                                                         
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers                                                 
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so                                   
/usr/share                                                                     
/usr/share/doc                                                                 
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25                                         
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/NVIDIA_Changelog.bz2                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/README.bz2                             
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/XF86Config.sample.bz2                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html                                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-a.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-b.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-c.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-d.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-e.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-f.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-g.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/appendix-h.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-01.html                   
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-02.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-03.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-04-section-02.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-04-section-03.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-04-section-04.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-04.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-05.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-06-section-02.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-06.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-07.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-08.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-09.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-10.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-11.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-12.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-13.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-14.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-15.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-16.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-17.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-18.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-19.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-20.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-21.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-22.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-23.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-24.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-25.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-26.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-27.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-28.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-29.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/chapter-30.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/index.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/part-01.html
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25/html/part-02.html
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man1
/usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-xconfig.1.bz2

No .h files. And identically for x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-190.42-r3 on another machine.

To check

Code:

$$ ls -l    /usr/lib64/opengl/nvidia/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 112 Jun  1 00:21 extensions
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 352 Jun  1 00:21 lib

no include subdirectory
linear
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,

Let's check something here...

@dmpogo: What profile do you have set and what are you showing for 'emerge -pv nvidia-drivers'?

For comparison:
Code:
# ls -l /etc/make.profile
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Dec  9  2009 /etc/make.profile -> ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
# emerge -pv nvidia-drivers
[ebuild     U ] app-admin/eselect-opengl-1.1.1-r2 [1.0.8-r1] 58 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/zziplib-0.13.58-r1  USE="doc sdl -static-libs -test" 681 kB
...<snip>...
[ebuild     U ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-190.42-r3 [185.18.36] USE="acpi gtk (multilib) -custom-cflags" 22,506 kB

Now, you have me curious as to why you don't get the header files. I think you might have '-gtk' set on yours.

HTH. Let us know.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linear wrote:
Okay,

Let's check something here...

@dmpogo: What profile do you have set and what are you showing for 'emerge -pv nvidia-drivers'?

For comparison:
Code:
# ls -l /etc/make.profile
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Dec  9  2009 /etc/make.profile -> ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
# emerge -pv nvidia-drivers
[ebuild     U ] app-admin/eselect-opengl-1.1.1-r2 [1.0.8-r1] 58 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/zziplib-0.13.58-r1  USE="doc sdl -static-libs -test" 681 kB
...<snip>...
[ebuild     U ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-190.42-r3 [185.18.36] USE="acpi gtk (multilib) -custom-cflags" 22,506 kB

Now, you have me curious as to why you don't get the header files. I think you might have '-gtk' set on yours.

HTH. Let us know.

Code:

$ ls -l /etc/make.profile

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Oct 22  2009 /etc/make.profile -> ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop

$ emerge -pv nvidia-drivers

[ebuild   R   ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-173.14.25  USE="acpi gtk (multilib) -custom-cflags" 0 kB

I think on another machine, with 190.42-r3 drivers, the profile is set to default rather than desktop, but I can't login there to check right now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: