Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_jdh wrote:
Cheers dmpogo. I'm using the evdev driver for my keyboard. There must be a simpler way to tell xorg to use uk keymap.

Look at first post? ;)

Yes, xrandr for intel is still broken, also with latest *intel-9999 and *randr*-9999 versions.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_jdh wrote:
Cheers dmpogo. I'm using the evdev driver for my keyboard. There must be a simpler way to tell xorg to use uk keymap.

Sure put evdev instead of "kbd"

Well, my setup uses dual US - russian layout on a standard 105 key pc keyboard, plus a specific (phonetic) version for russian layout.
You need just to set XkbLayout option to however UK layout is designated. What can be simplier ?
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronChaos wrote:
got it working with nvidia-drivers-195.36.15

Code:
emerge --unmerge nvidia-drivers

- unmerged nvidia-drivers before building xorg-server 1.8.0 because of sandbox errors
maybe "eselect opengl set xorg-x11" would have had the same effect?

Code:
emerge -v1 xorg-server xorg-drivers
emerge -v1O nvidia-drivers

- "-O" because of <xorg-server-1.7.99 dependency

Code:
eselect opengl set nvidia

Having trouble here. I get out of X and unmerge nvidia-drivers. When I try to emerge -v1 xorg-server xorg-drivers, it is just wanting to re-emerge xorg-server-1.7.6 because it is trying to pull back in nvidia-drivers. If I remove nvidia from the Video_Cards statement in make.conf - then versions 1.8 of xorg-server and -drivers install. But to add nvidia back in make.conf and then rebuild xorg-drivers - it wants to downgrade xorg-server (and xinit) again. Someone tell me what I missed please? eselect opengl is set to xorg.

/jd
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunky wrote:
BaronChaos wrote:
got it working with nvidia-drivers-195.36.15

Code:
emerge --unmerge nvidia-drivers

- unmerged nvidia-drivers before building xorg-server 1.8.0 because of sandbox errors
maybe "eselect opengl set xorg-x11" would have had the same effect?

Code:
emerge -v1 xorg-server xorg-drivers
emerge -v1O nvidia-drivers

- "-O" because of <xorg-server-1.7.99 dependency

Code:
eselect opengl set nvidia

Having trouble here. I get out of X and unmerge nvidia-drivers. When I try to emerge -v1 xorg-server xorg-drivers, it is just wanting to re-emerge xorg-server-1.7.6 because it is trying to pull back in nvidia-drivers. If I remove nvidia from the Video_Cards statement in make.conf - then versions 1.8 of xorg-server and -drivers install. But to add nvidia back in make.conf and then rebuild xorg-drivers - it wants to downgrade xorg-server (and xinit) again. Someone tell me what I missed please? eselect opengl is set to xorg.

/jd

you have to put xorg-server-1.7.6 in the package-provided for the mean time. portage will complain but that's the solution i see for now.
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tranq,

I'll give it a shot maybe tomorrow. Time for the cotton locker now.. /jd
dweezil-n0xad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dashboard wrote:
I'm having some problems automounting my external devices (USB, CD) after getting rid of HAL. When I plug the device in, udev correctly assigns a device node (/dev/sdX) and I can mount and unmount the device as a regular user invoking:
Code:
udisks --mount /dev/sdb1

However, when the system tries to automount or I try to mount via the Gnome Places menu, I get a dialog saying "Unable to mount 2.0 GB Filesystem: Not Authorized".

I've started consolekit in debug mode and this is what is written on /var/log/messages when I try to mount a device:
Code:
console-kit-daemon[5371]: DEBUG: CkManager: get session for unix process: 6974
console-kit-daemon[5371]: DEBUG: uid = 0
console-kit-daemon[5371]: DEBUG: pid = 5539
console-kit-daemon[5371]: DEBUG: CkManager: unable to lookup session for unix process: 6974

6974 is the PID of the process /usr/libexec/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor.

I've read on this thread that automounting without HAL is possible, so it probably is an issue on my end. Any help available?
edit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy to allow any to mount a device
dashboard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, that was it. As soon as I set <allow-any> to "yes" the system started to automount the device.

However, is this the expected behaviour? <allow-active> was already set to "yes", and ck-list-sessions references my session as active=TRUE, so should it work without setting <allow-any> or am I seeing this the wrong way?
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my bad english, it was a question.

genstorm wrote:
agent_jdh wrote:

Look at first post? ;)

Yes, xrandr for intel is still broken, also with latest *intel-9999 and *randr*-9999 versions.

For my this is a MAJOR regression and I didn't see any bug related to this stuff neather in bugs.gentoo.org nor bugs.freedesktop.org. Should we post one?
Shining Arcanine
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be broken with open-vm-tools because of the ABI version not matching. I probably should file a bug report, but I have been busy with other things, so I thought I would just chime in and mention this.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also couldn't find any bug report yet, so we should open one. Could you gather any useful error message off the logs? I didn't have any time yet and simply put up with the issue (isn't a biggie for me as long as EDID works reliably).
Shining Arcanine
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fixed it by adding IgnoreABI to my xorg.conf file's ServerLayout section:

Code:
Option         "IgnoreABI"

The only useful error messages are the ABI errors, which turn into warnings after telling xorg to ignore ABI version differences:

Quote:
(WW) module ABI major version (6) doesn't match the server's version (7)

The xorg log is a mess, with tons of warnings for various things. When I have time I will go through it and try to make sense of things.
dweezil-n0xad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dashboard wrote:
Thank you very much, that was it. As soon as I set <allow-any> to "yes" the system started to automount the device.

However, is this the expected behaviour? <allow-active> was already set to "yes", and ck-list-sessions references my session as active=TRUE, so should it work without setting <allow-any> or am I seeing this the wrong way?
dunno, I'm only a user who had the same problem.
Herring42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to configure a serial wacom tablet with xorg-server-1.8 ?
agent_jdh
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
agent_jdh wrote:

Look at first post? ;)

*ahem*

This is what happens when you just jump to the last page of a thread, kids.

Working now.
yoshi314
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herring42 wrote:
check xf86-input-wacom git, recently a udev rule for all wacoms came in (saw it on mailing list : edit: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.wacom.devel/835 ).

also check this thread - i've already posted on usb wacom tablet with xorg-server-1.8 and udev (works for me).

Last edited by yoshi314 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I successfully installed xorg-server-1.8.0 with xorg-drivers-1.8 and nvidia-195.36.15 (off memory - whatever it is). I put xorg-server-1.7.6 in /etc/make.profile/package.provided to do it.

But now when doing an emerge -avuDN @world, it is still wanting to downgrade xorg-server to 1.7.6 because of the nvidia drivers. How do I fix this?
appreciate the help - JD

[edit] I think I fixed this - not sure if properly. I edited the nvidia ebuild and removed the reference to depends on <xorg-server-1.7.99. Seems to not complain at emerge world now.
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunky wrote:
I successfully installed xorg-server-1.8.0 with xorg-drivers-1.8 and nvidia-195.36.15 (off memory - whatever it is). I put xorg-server-1.7.6 in /etc/make.profile/package.provided to do it.

But now when doing an emerge -avuDN @world, it is still wanting to downgrade xorg-server to 1.7.6 because of the nvidia drivers. How do I fix this?
appreciate the help - JD

[edit] I think I fixed this - not sure if properly. I edited the nvidia ebuild and removed the reference to depends on <xorg-server-1.7.99. Seems to not complain at emerge world now.

create a local overlay and move the nvidia-drivers to it otherwise emerge --sync will overwrite your change.
edit the ebuild and instead of removing the xorg-server line just change it to;

<=x11-base/xorg-server-1.8.0
Herring42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoshi314 wrote:
Herring42 wrote:
check xf86-input-wacom git, recently a udev rule for all wacoms came in (saw it on mailing list : edit: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.wacom.devel/835 ).

also check this thread - i've already posted on usb wacom tablet with xorg-server-1.8 and udev (works for me).

Thanks, I tried that, but no bananas.

xorg.conf.d/20-wacom.conf:
Code:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Wacom class"
        MatchProduct "Wacom|WALTOP|WACOM"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "wacom"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Wacom serial class"
        MatchProduct "Serial Wacom Tablet"
        Driver "wacom"
        Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4"
EndSection

# N-Trig Duosense Electromagnetic Digitizer
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Wacom N-Trig class"
        MatchProduct "HID 1b96:0001"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "wacom"
EndSection

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/80-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules
Code:

# udev rules for wacom tablets.
# These rules were compiled for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution,
# but others may, and indeed are encouraged to, use them also.                                                                                                     
#                                                                                                                                                                 
# Should you do so, PLEASE CO-ORDINATE ANY CHANGES OR ADDITIONS                                                                                                   
# of new devices with Ron <ron@debian.org> so that we can try                                                                                                     
# to present users with a standard set of device nodes which                                                                                                       
# they can rely on across the board.                                                                                                                               

# Catch the serial tablets and tell X that's what they are                                                                                                         
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pnp", ATTR{id}=="WACf*",      \                                                                                                 
        ENV{NAME}="Serial Wacom Tablet",                        \                                                                                                 
        ENV{ID_INPUT}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="1"                                                                                                               

ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pnp", ATTR{id}=="FUJ*",       \                                                                                                 
        ENV{NAME}="Serial Wacom Tablet",                        \                                                                                                 
        ENV{ID_INPUT}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="1"                                                                                                               

KERNEL!="event[0-9]*", GOTO="wacom_end"

# Port specific link for users of multiple tablets of the same type.
# The ID_PATH variable is set by the "path_id" script in an earlier rule file.
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ENV{ID_PATH}=="?*", SYMLINK="input/by-path/$env{ID_PATH}-wacom"

# Multiple interface support for stylus and touch devices.
DRIVERS=="wacom", ATTRS{bInterfaceNumber}=="00", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}="stylus"
DRIVERS=="wacom", ATTRS{bInterfaceNumber}=="01", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}="touch"

# Type-named links for multiple tablets.  If you want to use multiple
# tablets of the _same_ type, you will probably need to use the links
# from /dev/input/by-path to identify which is plugged into what usb
# port.  For different tablet types though, just pick your links from
# the list below.
#
# We override SYMLINK for tabletpc devices because the by-path link
# is not required with such devices, there will only ever be one.
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0000", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-penpartner"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0003", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-cintiq_partner"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0010", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0011", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire2-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0012", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire2-5x7"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0013", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire3"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0014", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire3-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0015", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire4-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0016", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire4-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0017", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-bamboofun-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0018", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-bamboofun-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0019", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-bamboo1-medium"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0020", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0021", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0022", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos-9x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0023", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos-12x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0024", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos-12x18"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0030", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl400"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0031", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl500"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0032", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl600"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0033", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl600sx"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0034", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl550"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0035", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl800"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0037", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl700"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0038", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-pl510"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0039", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-dtu710"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="003f", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-cintiq21ux"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0041", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0042", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0043", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-9x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0044", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-12x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0045", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-12x18"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0047", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos2-6x8a"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0060", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-volito"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0061", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-penstation2"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0062", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-volito2-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0063", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-volito2-2x3"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0064", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-penpartner2"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0065", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-bamboo"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0069", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-bamboo1"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0081", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-graphire_bt-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0090",  SYMLINK="input/tablet-tpc90"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0093",  SYMLINK="input/tablet-tpc93-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="009a",  SYMLINK="input/tablet-tpc9a-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b0", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-4x5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b1", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-6x8"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b2", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-9x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b3", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-12x12"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b4", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-12x19"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b5", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-6x11"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b7", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos3-4x6"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b8", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos4-4x6"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00b9", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos4-6x9"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00ba", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos4-8x13"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00bb", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-intuos4-12x19"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00c0", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-dtf521"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00c4", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-dtf720"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00c5", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-cintiq20wsx"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00c6", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-cintiq12wx"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00c7", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}!="touch", SYMLINK+="input/tablet-dtu1931"

# Convenience links for the common case of a single tablet.  We could do just this:
#ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", SYMLINK+="input/wacom-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
# but for legacy reasons, we keep the input/wacom link as the generic stylus device.
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}!="touch", SYMLINK+="input/wacom"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}=="touch", SYMLINK+="input/wacom-touch"

# Check and repossess the device if a module other than the wacom one
# is already bound to it.
#
# We probably don't need this one in the Real World anymore ...
# See the old wacom-tools package if we actually do need to resurrect the
# check_driver script for this again.
#ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ACTION=="add", RUN+="check_driver wacom $devpath $env{ID_BUS}"

LABEL="wacom_end"

CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do I get two finger scroll from my touchpad. It was previously emulated by :

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
 <device>
   <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.touchpad">
       <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">synaptics</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig" type="string">On</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateTwoFingerMinZ" type="string">20</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.VertScrollDelta" type="string">400</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.HorizScrollDelta" type="string">10</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.MinSpeed" type="string">0.20</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxSpeed" type="string">0.25</merge>

<merge key="input.x11_options.VertTwoFingerScroll" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.HorizTwoFingerScroll" type="string">0</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.PalmDetect" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton1" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton2" type="string">3</merge>  <!--two finger tap -> middle clieck(3) -->
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton3" type="string">2</merge>  <!--three finger tap -> right click(2). almost impossible to click -->
   </match>
 </device>
</deviceinfo>
yoshi314
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herring42 wrote:
yoshi314 wrote:
Herring42 wrote:

Thanks, I tried that, but no bananas.
(...)

can you post your Xorg.0.log ?
Herring42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoshi314 wrote:

can you post your Xorg.0.log ?

Here: http://pastebin.ca/1863102

xorg.conf: http://pastebin.ca/1863117
xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf: http://pastebin.ca/1863118
xorg.conf.d/20-wacom.conf: http://pastebin.ca/1863119

For info, app-text/wgetpaste is really handy!

Last edited by Herring42 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CkoTuHa wrote:
how do I get two finger scroll from my touchpad. It was previously emulated by :

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
 <device>
   <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.touchpad">
       <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">synaptics</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig" type="string">On</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateTwoFingerMinZ" type="string">20</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.VertScrollDelta" type="string">400</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.HorizScrollDelta" type="string">10</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.MinSpeed" type="string">0.20</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxSpeed" type="string">0.25</merge>

<merge key="input.x11_options.VertTwoFingerScroll" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.HorizTwoFingerScroll" type="string">0</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.PalmDetect" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton1" type="string">1</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton2" type="string">3</merge>  <!--two finger tap -> middle clieck(3) -->
       <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton3" type="string">2</merge>  <!--three finger tap -> right click(2). almost impossible to click -->
   </match>
 </device>
</deviceinfo>

did it by putting this to xorg.conf:
Code:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "ThinkPad touchpad"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Driver "synaptics"

Option "SHMConfig" "on"
        Option "EmulateTwoFingerMinZ" "20"
        Option "VertScrollDelta" "400"
        Option "HorizScrollDelta" "10"
        Option "MinSpeed" "0.20"
        Option "MaxSpeed" "0.25"
        Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "1"
        Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "0"
        Option "PalmDetect" "1"
        Option "TapButton1" "1"
        Option "TapButton2" "3"
        Option "TapButton3" "2"
EndSection
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cruzki123 wrote:
Sorry for my bad english, it was a question.

genstorm wrote:
agent_jdh wrote:

Look at first post? ;)

For my this is a MAJOR regression and I didn't see any bug related to this stuff neather in bugs.gentoo.org nor bugs.freedesktop.org. Should we post one?
What exactly is broken? I just tried out xrandr -o and it rotates quite normally. (Intel based laptop, latest video-intel and randr in portage, so no 9999 version)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing resolution makes X reset. I can't get any error logs about it, how do you debug xrandr?
CkoTuHa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went back to 1.7.6 as 1.8.0 locks up randomly................................................sucks, I tell you packard, it sucks !
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: