Inventory / Invoice manager
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stobbsm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Inventory / Invoice manager Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm starting a small computer repair and maintenance business, and loving gnuCash for book keeping. The problem is, customers like to see an invoice being made, and if I'm using gnucash to create and invoice, they see all of my financial information.

Question to everyone here is, what do you / have you used for invoicing software on linux?
I'd prefer something not cloud based, and with an inventory management. Maybe even something that can be built as a patch to gnucash.

I've googled my ass off, and have found nothing suitable for me, but I may not be searching for the right thing.

Anyone have any ideas?
KayZee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.simpleinvoices.org/
stobbsm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look at it, but I'd prefer to not have something web based, as I will be bringing my laptop with me to process payments on site, and don't want to have to open my server at home up over the internet and have people get my records.

Any other suggestions?
b0nafide
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you already tried editing the .scm file?

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports
baaann
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some research on this as I would like to move our company systems to Linux. Unfortunately I have not had time as yet to test all the options that I have found.

Openerp is probably the most comprehensive option and the client is available in portage. An ebuild for the server and web-client are available in bug 267886, which I had installed, but an upgrade to Postgresql has since prevented me from creating a database via the client and I have not as yet had time to resolve the problem.

Tryton is a fork of the Openerp project and has a Gentoo overlay available

Both the above have online demos available to test with the client

Kraft may be what you are looking for?

LemonPOS may be adaptable?
stobbsm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look into kraft and lemonPOS a little more closely, although I may have to try a d port LemonPOS to gnome.

So far, it looks like Lemon is the way for me to go. Thanks!

Any other ideas? No need to settle if the perfect one is sitting somewhere just waiting to be discovered.
fiolj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Similar search Reply with quote

Hi, I am also looking into lemonpos. It looks appropriate. The problem is that I installed in a couple of gentoo machines (desktop and laptop) and it crashes with a message of memory problem (glibc)
Anyone has succeded/failed with this software?
Regards,
Juan
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bump a 3 year dead thread, though as googles SEO gentoo pos point of sale (and i guess Enterprise resource planning (ERP) & customer relationship management (CRM)) page it must be done... hamachi / haguichi can make it so you can vpn into your local network never exposing your network to the internet in the traditional sense. i suppose openvpn could do so also, but i have not learned it that in detail yet. ive been warming up to the idea of having the service in a server client setting.

my prior request for pos system was specific for university class signup / dental / doctor / appointment filing / oil change places / pizza places etc... i need flexibility, auditing / billing / payroll / scheduling / online ordering, all inclusive. probably a plugin system to make it powerful and flexible to do all of these roles, and not including too much for people that simply need a cash register. but mainly university to give me the ability to completely scrap & re-purpose any infrastructure existing.

lemon looks very interesting, though i will have to investigate the others also. thanks to the people on this thread for crafting it well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: