xine and xv
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alshain
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: xine and xv Reply with quote

Hello, can anybody shed some light on a problem I'm having with Xine please!? Well, it's probably a combination of Metacity and Xine and XV - when I try and play a video using the xv extension as output, the video obscures anything behind it. The problem is that it obscures the xine control panel too, so if switch it to full-screen then the control panel is stuck behind the video and the only way to get back to the desktop is to ctrl-alt-f1 and kill it! The same thing occurs with mplayer, too, so it's probably an xv problem, but I'm using the same XF86Config-4 file as with my old Mandrake linux, and that had no such hidden control panel problem.
It's not just the control panel, either, the gnome2 panel still shows up at the top of the screen (as it's not quite behind the video) but any drop down menus are also obscured. I tried switching to sawfish in case metacity was having a problem with layers but the same thing happens.
It's not a desperate problem, just annoying - and since it appears to be xv acting up then it will probably annoy me in other ways in the future. Has anyone seen anything similar? Thanks very much...

Andrew
Russki
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run xine with xv and metacity, no probs hier.
Quote:
but I'm using the same XF86Config-4 file as with my old Mandrake linux, and that had no such hidden control panel problem.

Why don't you make a new one with gentoo?
Senor-D
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Keyboard shortcut Reply with quote

Alt+F will bring you out of fullscreen in xine.

My system has a similar problem, but I believe it is related to the video drivers, as it has always done this, not just in gentoo. I've learned to live with it. I'm using a Radeon 32DDR.
alshain
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm using a Radeon too so a driver problem sounds likely. I'm learning to live with it by positioning the Xine control panel in the very top right of the screen so that the fullscreen button [i]just[/i] remains visible when you fullscreen it. Alt-F sounds a lot easier!

Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: