View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] wine, gnutls, and emul-linux-x86 Reply with quote

I'm running 64bit Gentoo. I'm trying to get 32bit wine built with gnutls support. If I understand this correctly, the gnutls use flag is masked for amd64 for wine because gnutls is not included in emul-linux-x86. I modified the use flag mask so that I could build wine with gnutls, however as expected it fails because the gnutls libraries are not available.

So what I'm trying to do now is build a 32bit gnutls version 2.6.6. I'm not exactly sure how to do this.

I run:

Code:
./configure CC="gcc -m32" --libdir=/usr/lib32,/lib32
make

It errors out here:

Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libz.so when searching for -lz
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libz.a when searching for -lz
/usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgnutls.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/gnutls-2.6.6/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/gnutls-2.6.6/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/gnutls-2.6.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I assume it is because it is looking in /usr/lib which points to /usr/lib64. I need it to go to /usr/lib32. Changing the symlink temporarily causes gcc to fail. There seems to be no option in the configure script to set the specific library for libz and libgcrypt, only the prefix, which is /usr. There is infact a libgcrypt and libz to be found in /usr/lib32.

Better yet, is there a way to do this with portage?

Last edited by Bogo on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
gerard27
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bogo,
Did yoy have "multilib" in your USE flags in /etc/make.conf?
If not enable it and try
Code:

emerge -pv wine

It will pull in emulinux 32bits.
I think this will be the only way to install wine.
Gerard.
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have multilib. The problem is that the emulation libraries don't contain 32bit gnutls.

Actually I got it to work sort of. I had to modify the Makefile and libtools and replace all instances of lib64 with lib32 and I was able to compile gnutls 2.6.6. I think the real problem now is getting wine in portage to use these libraries.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing this up again because I would like to solve it, although I'm not sure how to proceed with this.

Bug report is here (not mine) https://bugs.gentoo.org/273793 , so there are other people that want this as well.

The lack of gnutls in the emul-linux-x86 packages is frustrating for those of us that want to play Warcraft III in linux :)

Here are the two things that I tried:

I attempted to build a 32bit version of gnutls by downloading the source. I outlined this a bit above. As it turns out, the way they wrote their build scripts made this very difficult on a 64bit system, because it pulls in the lib64 path from many files. I had to go through them all and remove all traces before I was able to build 32bit libraries. No matter what I tried with configure options, it would build 64bit instead.

After this I had trouble getting wine to use the 32bit libraries I built.

The next thing I tried was creating a 32bit chroot, which made building gnutls a breeze (used portage). I then attempted to copy all the files that it installed, and bundle them with emul-linux-x86-baselibs. This is where I stalled out. I could not get portage to use my new ebuild. I have successfully created my own nvidia-drivers ebuild, but this one would not work, if I remember correctly. Actually it has been about a month since I tried this, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

If anyone knows of a better way, or if my way would even work, I would appreciate some input on this.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what I tried doing this time was emerging gnutls in my 32bit chroot with --buildpkg. Then I copied that to my / and extracted it (emerge --usepkg didn't want to work...)

I downloaded wine source and tried

./configure --prefix=/usr

However at the end it claims to not find libgnutls 32-bint development files. I'm not understanding this. All the gnutls files are where they would be normally, and setting the prefix to /usr makes it so wine is looking in /usr/lib and /usr/include/ which is where the files are... so what am I missing here?
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? I haven't really had any luck with this.
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some efforts to provide native multilib awareness, and it works quite well for wine.
My wine is gnutls, dbus and hal aware.

http://github.com/sjnewbury/multilib-overlay
Announcement:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_6420969ab583adab2c6e29c8955f96e6.xml

Installed all deps with USE=lib32 from there, and edited /usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.mask - desired useflags removed.

Here is the useflag file I use, might help a bit. Covers base, sound, x and gtklibs emul-x86 packages.
http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/multilib.conf
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
frustrating for those of us that want to play Warcraft III in linux

I assume you mean battlenet. I have played WC3 for the last 5 years or so under wine and gentoo. Most of those I have used x86_64.

Quote:
There are some efforts to provide native multilib awareness, and it works quite well for wine. My wine is gnutls, dbus and hal aware.

Thanks. I will take a look at that.

[EDIT]Interesting idea. I can see this working well as long as these ebuilds are bumped in a timely manner to match portage versions.[/EDIT]

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
M
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, battlenet needs wine with gnutls, I had this working month ago but I tried last night to play and realized I updated gnutls and some deps with versions from portage :(
Quote:
Interesting idea. I can see this working well as long as these ebuilds are bumped in a timely manner to match portage versions.

Exactly, luckily I can mask all libs from gentoo tree (with paludis) and use only what I have in local/multilib overlay, that is what I do right now, but unfortunately I can't unmask use flags so when I update wine I must mess with profile until sync destroy my changes. I use wine-9999 from portage but with changed repo uri to git://repo.or.cz/wine/warcraft3.git and that used to work.
mamunata
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used wine on my 64bit gentoo for a long time with impossibility to open web pages that use untrusted secure certificates (i.e. self-signed) with wine native browser (gecko) - error is "The certificate is not trusted because it is self
signed. (Error_code: sec_error_ca_cert_invlid)".
After submitting a bug report to wine community now problem seems to be fixed - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17783, nut I still have the same error when trying to open for example:
Code:

$wineconsole iexplore https://benefits.nssi.bg

I suppose the reason is that wine is not built with gnutls support, so I'm really interested in this discussion and going to track the progress.

Regards,
Niki
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

postgresql is not in the multilib overlay and this causes a dependency problem on my system. Does anyone know of a workaround for that? I tried rolling out my own ebuilds for postgres but I had problems with the [lib32?] syntax not working.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drescherjm wrote:
postgresql is not in the multilib overlay and this causes a dependency problem on my system. Does anyone know of a workaround for that? I tried rolling out my own ebuilds for postgres but I had problems with the [lib32?] syntax not working.

Which package causes that? qt-sql maybe?

I don't recommend setting USE=lib32 globally.

[lib32?] works with EAPI=2
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpel wrote:
drescherjm wrote:

Which package causes that? qt-sql maybe?

Exactly. Thanks.

Code:
jmd0 jmd-multilib # equery depgraph qt-sql -l | grep libpq
dev-db/libpq-8.2.7

Quote:
I don't recommend setting USE=lib32 globally.

I have disabled that and use the multilib.conf but it still pulls in libpq.

Quote:
[lib32?] works with EAPI=2

Thanks. I see the ebuilds do not have EAPI set. This is a big help to me. I know where to begin..

BTW for others reading this, I found a blog about this that was very informative

http://ciaranm.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/eapi-2-use-dependencies/

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpel wrote:
There are some efforts to provide native multilib awareness, and it works quite well for wine.
My wine is gnutls, dbus and hal aware.

http://github.com/sjnewbury/multilib-overlay
Announcement:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_6420969ab583adab2c6e29c8955f96e6.xml

Installed all deps with USE=lib32 from there, and edited /usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.mask - desired useflags removed.

Here is the useflag file I use, might help a bit. Covers base, sound, x and gtklibs emul-x86 packages.
http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/multilib.conf

Following this, I attempted to just build gnutls with the lib32 flag. It errored out at

Code:
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -march=native -O2 -pipe -m32 -Wno-pointer-sign -Wl,-O1 -m32 -o .libs/certtool certtool-gaa.o certtool.o prime.o certtool-cfg.o cfg+.o cfgfile.o cmdline.o parse.o props.o shared.o dynfgets.o strctype.o strdyn.o strplus.o  -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 ../lib/.libs/libgnutls.so -L/usr/lib64 ../libextra/.libs/libgnutls-extra.so /var/tmp/portage/net-libs/gnutls-2.6.6/work/gnutls_build_x86/lib/.libs/libgnutls.so -lz -lgcrypt -lgpg-error ../gl/.libs/libgnu.a -lreadline  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib32                                                                   
../lib/.libs/libgnutls.so: undefined reference to `gcry_cipher_setiv'                                                                               
../lib/.libs/libgnutls.so: undefined reference to `gcry_cipher_setkey'

I assume this is because it wants a 32bit libgcrypt. I could also build libgcrypt with the lib32 flag, but other 64bit packages depend on libgcrypt - gnupg for example, which is depended on by kdelibs.

Am I able to install both versions? Otherwise, wont replacing 64bit libs with 32bit libs mess with my system?
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These ebuilds cause the system to generate 32 and 64 bit versions for the same libraries from the single emerge.

For example I emerged gpm with lib32 enabled
Code:

jmd0 gnutls # equery files gpm | grep libgpm
/lib32/libgpm.so
/lib32/libgpm.so.1
/lib32/libgpm.so.1.20.0
/lib64/libgpm.so
/lib64/libgpm.so.1
/lib64/libgpm.so.1.20.0
/usr/lib32/libgpm.a
/usr/lib32/libgpm.so
/usr/lib64/libgpm.a
/usr/lib64/libgpm.so

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when lib32 is enabled you get both 64bit and 32bit.

drescherjm, do you happen to have emul-linux-x86-qtlibs installed? If so, take a look at the useflags the one from the overlay provides. It has IUSE=+qt4, means if you don't explicitly set -qt4 in package.use, it will pull in qt-sql with USE=lib32 enabled by default.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now my issue is, adobe-flash and a few others are pulling in emul-linux-x86-*, which creates collisions with the multilib overlay. I've disabled the 32bit and multilib useflags, but those still get pulled in. If I mask them, then nothing will emerge.
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll first have to emerge -C the old emul-* packages.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I did was remove them all. Actually it seems I'm having a lot of circular dependency issues. For example,

Code:
lambda portage # emerge -uaDN world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

[nomerge      ] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl-99999999  USE="-nodep"
[nomerge      ]  app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-99999999  USE="-nodep"
[ebuild  N    ]   app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-medialibs-99999999  USE="-nodep"
[ebuild  N    ]    app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl-99999999  USE="-nodep"     
[ebuild  N    ]     app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-99999999  USE="-nodep"
[ebuild  N    ]      app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-99999999  USE="opengl -nodep"
[ebuild   R   ]       x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.5  USE="lib32%*"                           
[ebuild   R   ]        x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8  USE="lib32%*"                           
[ebuild   R   ]         media-libs/glitz-0.5.6  USE="lib32%*"                         
[ebuild   R   ]       media-libs/freeglut-2.4.0-r1  USE="lib32%*"                     
[ebuild   R   ]        media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1  USE="lib32%*"                         
[ebuild  N    ]       app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-99999999  USE="ldap -kerberos -nodep"
[ebuild   R   ]        net-print/cups-1.3.10-r2  USE="lib32%*"                                   
[ebuild   R   ]         net-nds/openldap-2.3.43  USE="lib32%*"                                   
[ebuild   R   ]        sys-libs/gpm-1.20.5  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild   R   ] sys-libs/readline-5.2_p13  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild   R   ]  sys-libs/ncurses-5.6-r2  USE="lib32%*"                                           
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r6                                                       
[ebuild   R   ]  net-dns/libidn-1.14  USE="lib32%* -gcj% -multislot%"                             
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kde-meta-4.3.0                                                           
[nomerge      ]  kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.3.0                                                     
[nomerge      ]   kde-base/kcheckpass-4.3.0                                                       
[ebuild   R   ]    sys-libs/pam-1.0.4  USE="lib32%*"                                             
[ebuild   R   ] sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41.3-r1  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kde-meta-4.3.0                                                           
[nomerge      ]  kde-base/kdegames-meta-4.3.0                                                     
[nomerge      ]   kde-base/klines-4.3.0                                                           
[nomerge      ]    kde-base/kdelibs-4.3.0                                                         
[ebuild   R   ]     sys-apps/acl-2.2.47  USE="lib32%*"                                           
[ebuild   R   ]      sys-apps/attr-2.4.43  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/flex-2.5.35  USE="lib32%*"                                             
[ebuild   R   ]  sys-devel/gettext-0.17  USE="java%* lib32%* -gcj% -multislot%"                   
[nomerge      ] app-text/acroread-9.1.3                                                           
[nomerge      ]  app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-99999999  USE="ldap -kerberos -nodep"     
[ebuild   R   ]   media-libs/lcms-1.18-r1  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild   R   ]   sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.13  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild   R   ]   dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2  USE="lib32%*"                                     
[ebuild   R   ]   dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.24-r1  USE="lib32%*"                                       
[ebuild   R   ]   sys-apps/file-4.23  USE="lib32%*"                                               
[ebuild   R   ]    dev-lang/python-2.6.2-r1  USE="lib32%*"                                       
[ebuild   R   ]   dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.76  USE="lib32%*"                                         
[ebuild     UD]    dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.3 [2.7.3-r2] USE="lib32%*"                               

* Error: circular dependencies:

('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/readline-5.2_p13', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/ncurses-5.6-r2', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-99999999', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.5', 'merge') (runtime)                     
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1', 'merge') (runtime)                       
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/freeglut-2.4.0-r1', 'merge') (runtime)                 
('ebuild', '/', 'net-dns/libidn-1.14', 'merge') depends on                           
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-devel/gettext-0.17', 'merge') (buildtime)                     
('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.76', 'merge') depends on                       
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.3', 'merge') (buildtime)                     
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.13', 'merge') depends on                       
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-lang/python-2.6.2-r1', 'merge') (buildtime)                   
('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.24-r1', 'merge') depends on                     
('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl-99999999', 'merge') depends on     
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)   
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1', 'merge') depends on                         
  ('ebuild', '/', 'x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.5', 'merge') (buildtime)                       
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/ncurses-5.6-r2', 'merge') depends on                         
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/gpm-1.20.5', 'merge') (buildtime)                         
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/file-4.23', 'merge') depends on                             
('ebuild', '/', 'net-print/cups-1.3.10-r2', 'merge') depends on                       
  ('ebuild', '/', 'net-nds/openldap-2.3.43', 'merge') (buildtime)                     
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/pam-1.0.4', 'merge') (buildtime)                           
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/attr-2.4.43', 'merge') (buildtime)                         
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/acl-2.2.47', 'merge') (buildtime)                         
('ebuild', '/', 'dev-lang/python-2.6.2-r1', 'merge') depends on                       
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/readline-5.2_p13', 'merge') (buildtime)                   
('ebuild', '/', 'x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.5', 'merge') depends on                           
  ('ebuild', '/', 'x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8', 'merge') (buildtime)                         
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/acl-2.2.47', 'merge') depends on                             
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/attr-2.4.43', 'merge') (buildtime)                         
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/attr-2.4.43', 'merge') depends on                           
('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-99999999', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-medialibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)   
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/pam-1.0.4', 'merge') depends on                             
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-devel/flex-2.5.35', 'merge') (buildtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.13', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-devel/gettext-0.17', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/acl-2.2.47', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'net-nds/openldap-2.3.43', 'merge') depends on
('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.3', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/readline-5.2_p13', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/glitz-0.5.6', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-99999999', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.24-r1', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'net-nds/openldap-2.3.43', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/file-4.23', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'net-dns/libidn-1.14', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/pam-1.0.4', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.76', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.13', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/gpm-1.20.5', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41.3-r1', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'net-print/cups-1.3.10-r2', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/ncurses-5.6-r2', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/lcms-1.18-r1', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.3', 'merge') (runtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/glitz-0.5.6', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2', 'merge') depends on
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-devel/flex-2.5.35', 'merge') depends on
('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-medialibs-99999999', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
  ('ebuild', '/', 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl-99999999', 'merge') (runtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/lcms-1.18-r1', 'merge') depends on
('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/freeglut-2.4.0-r1', 'merge') depends on
  ('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1', 'merge') (buildtime)
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-libs/gpm-1.20.5', 'merge') depends on
('ebuild', '/', 'sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41.3-r1', 'merge') depends on

* Note that circular dependencies can often be avoided by temporarily
 * disabling USE flags that trigger optional dependencies.

The only thing I've done is install the multilib overlay, remove all the old emul packages, and used that multilib.conf.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I think I got it. I just have to go through the list and disable/enable use flags until every package has been compiled with lib32. Kind of a pain.

Ok, so this is what I had to do in order to get things rolling.

It was a mistake to start off with that multilib use file, so I moved that out of /etc/portage/package.use/ temporarily.

I saw a few complaints about zlib and pkgconfig, so I first did:
Code:

USE="lib32" emerge -1 pkgconfig zlib

To solve the ncurses/gpm circular dependency, I did:
Code:

USE="lib32 -gpm" emerge -1N ncurses
USE="lib32" emerge -1 gpm
USE="lib32" emerge -1 ncurses

Then I did:
Code:

USE="lib32 -acl" emerge -1 gettext

This set up a bunch (~18) of packages to emerge with the lib32 flag. Somewhere in the middle of this, there was an error about libgcrypt. So I first emerged libgcrypt, then continued the previous:
Code:

USE="lib32" emerge -1 libgcrypt
USE="lib32 -acl" emerge -1 gettext

And now to restore acl support to gettext:
Code:

USE="lib32" emerge -1 acl attr
USE="lib32" emerge -1 gettext

From this point, I was safe to move the multilib use file back into /etc/portage/package.use/. Before doing the next step, I had to add SETARCH_ARCH_x86=“i686” to make.conf, or some emerges would fail. Then:

Code:

emerge -uaDN world adobe-flash

The reason I add adobe-flash here is because I had removed it earlier when trying to figure stuff out. This pulled in a ginormous amount of packages to be built with lib32, around 200. This also pulled in the new emul-linux-* packages from the multilib overlay.

After doing all this, I am now able to connect to Battle.net. Much thanks to gimpel and others for the help.

As far as this website is concerned:

Code:
$wineconsole iexplore https://benefits.nssi.bg

Before and after building wine with gnutls, I get "You are not authorized to view this page." I am also unable to view this website in Firefox. Therefore I can't comment on whether or not your problem is gnutls support.

Last edited by Bogo on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Gentoo on AMD64.
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, One thing to note about the multilib-overlay is that its best if you use the x11 overlay to remove it otherwise you will have a lot of problems. One such is the downgrade of libXext.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
onelove
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bogo: what exactly was your first step? at what point did you uninstall the app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-* packages? i am having the same problem like you (running battle.net in order to play wc3 online). but this seems a little more complicated. i am a bit frightened... i fear i could crush my system^^.

regards,
onelove
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm confused too... I'd love to know exactly how you did this.

For example, gimpel mentions two different overlays... which did you use? Do you simply do your layman -a and then start recompiling the libs you mentioned? (That isn't working for me).

I'd love to see the steps you followed to get this working.
Bogo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using the multilib overlay for a few months, I would recommend not to use it. It's fairly unstable and could break your system, unless you want to fiddle with it all the time.

However, if you still really want to, I believe the first step would be to remove all the emul-* packages, then use layman to install the multilib overlay. Do whatever other setup is required if this is your first overlay, I wont go into that here. Then go through my previous post to start solving all the circular dependencies, until you can start installing the new emul-* packages that come with multilib.

The project webpage for multilib overlay points to this thread https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5258941.html , however it doesn't seem to be checked often.

With all the problems of Gentoo amd64, I almost feel it's more trouble than it's worth. Wine keeps getting more and more flags hard masked.

Last edited by Bogo on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: