Request Review
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Praeluceo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Request Review Reply with quote

This isn't really "programming" per se, but just a bash script. I'd like to see it gain more use, and "criticism". The constructive kind mind you. You can find my bugzilla report on it here. I would like to see what the community thinks of it, I wrote it because I wasn't satisfied with the way emerge behaved, and if you look at the code you can see all it really does is log the compiler output to a file, and mark errors. I don't even know if it works 100% correctly, or traps all errors, it seems you can't trap out of a ^C while emerge is running, it overrides any user traps. If anyone has an idea on how to -force- a script to take priority over emerge's useage of traps I'd greatly appreciate it, I just want my trap code to work, and can't figure out why it doesn't. Also do note that I'm not currently actually using Gentoo (holding out for 1.3c or 1.4) right now, so I can't test it, I can do manual debugging fairly well though.

Thanks folks! I really do love the concept behind Gentoo, I'll give it another swing when I get bored with Slack 8.1.

btw, the script can be accessed here:
http://www.praeluceo.net/misc/lec
or if that doesn't work for your computer (my DNS is flakey) try this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: