View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Sawfish doesn't like to move windows? Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out why whenever I click on the title-bar (top) of any window (so that I can move it) my pc-speaker beeps and I am unable to "grab" the window and thus am unable to move it as well. It seemed to me like it was a focus problem but after reviewing the sawfish options I can't nail down the cause of this "issue". If I hear that pc speaker one more time .....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: mouse butons... Reply with quote

oddly enough that happened to me too. Check gnomes control panel and check to see if yer mouse it setup for left hand use or right hand use. Could be when you are left clicking on a window, gnome thinks yer right clicking on it. [/quote]
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: mouse butons... Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Could be when you are left clicking on a window, gnome thinks yer right clicking on it.

Alt-LeftClick & drag anywhere in the window should move it with sawfish, if this isn't working, your configuration is b0rked.
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: still not moving..!!! Reply with quote

I just can't get this working... weather I hold alt+click or just click, right click, left click, all that happens is an awful beep from my pc speaker. Is there anything else I could be missing? a toggle in the options... anything at all? Thanks -
tsuru
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Check the logs... Reply with quote

Have you checked /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see if there might be any anomoly?

To me it is starting to sound like a mouse configuration error in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config. What kind of mouse are you using? Does it work everywhere else except for the windowmanager operation?

Have you tried using other window managers? If they work then you know for sure it is a window manager issue...
Sylhouette
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing when i was a normal user

When i go there as root everything worked fine

So i am at kde now when i am a normal user
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too strange... I still can't get windows to move as any user other than root. When using fluxbox or windowmaker everything works just fine..so why am I still hastling with sawfish you ask? At this point it has become my mission to get it to work just so I can sit back move a couple windows around then installl kde and never use sawfish again! ;p Anyway, anyone out there with any creative suggestions? Thanks -
AnimalMachine
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this happened to me I deleted .sawfish* and the problem went away. But I never went any further into figuring out what was wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having this problem and I am sad to say that I am running 1.1a gentoo. Too bad to see something like this hasnt been fixed in the ebuild. When you emerge sawfish there is a .sawfish dir created in the /etc/skel dir. I guess it would be wise to delete this directory for machines with lots of users. I deleted the .sawfish dir for my regular user account and ended up with twm as my default gnome window manager. after some hacking in the gnomecc I was able to get sawfish back. Anyone have a better solution then this?
Mallrats
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem too
I don't have a .sawfish directory in /etc/skel
I do have one in my home directory

Is there a way to boot to a Sawfish (without Gnome) session, selecting Sawfish using gdm? (Sawfish isn't listed now)
Mallrats
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

removing .sawfish from my home directory seemed to have no effect! Anyone else have this problem? Or better yet, a solution?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: