Elisa on PS3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbyssalOni
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Elisa on PS3 Reply with quote

I recently got fed up with only being limited to play a small amount of my video files on PS3 so I decided that I wanted to put a linux distro on my PS3 and then use Elisa (http://elisa.fluendo.com/) to stream video from my server essentially acting as a front end.

I first tried Ubuntu but it took too long to start and I just didn't like how much crap was installed by default and wanted a more streamlined install, so I'm back at my old buddy Gentoo.

The install worked just fine and I booted up into fluxbox in no time what so ever. Very happy over all.

Since there wasn't a supported ebuild for elisa in the main packages I found an overlay at: http://gentoo-overlays.zugaina.org/sabayon/

I opted to enter the overlays manually in order to better understand what all is going on and my peace of mind. During the process I ran into a problem, 3 dependencies do not have ~ppc keywords they are...

Code:
x11-misc/xdg-user-dirs
dev-python/simplejson
dev-python/cssutils

The reason I need ppc is because the PS3's cell processor is PowerPC based. I am running a 64bit kernel but in a 32bit userland.

Most of my life I have lived in the x86/x86-64 realm and don't know much else. My question is this, what is the best way to get those packages so that I can get my slick new media center working? Is there a way to test the source out to see if it works for ppc but just hasn't been tried? I am at a loss right now.
timeBandit
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Unsupported Software to Duplicate Threads. Same as PS3 - elisa package in the PPC forum but not quite identical--edit that post if it lacks relevant details found only here.

Please respect the Guidelines (#12, no cross-posting).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: