perl module emerge broken
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlivar
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: perl module emerge broken Reply with quote

My emerge -u world stops when it gets to dev-perl/Digest-HMAC.

The problem seems pretty obvious, but I don't know how to fix it. Take a look:

Code:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/rfc2202....Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/auto/Digest/MD5/MD5.so' for module Digest::MD5: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/auto/Digest/MD5/MD5.so: undefined symbol: perl_get_sv at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
 at /var/tmp/portage/Digest-HMAC-1.01-r1/work/Digest-HMAC-1.01/blib/lib/Digest/HMAC_MD5.pm line 5
Compilation failed in require at /var/tmp/portage/Digest-HMAC-1.01-r1/work/Digest-HMAC-1.01/blib/lib/Digest/HMAC_MD5.pm line 5.

So of course the emerge fails. I have Perl 5.8.0-r12 installed, NOT 5.6.1. Yet above, you can see that emerge is trying to use MD5.so in the site_perl/5.6.1 directory. From what I can tell the 5.8.0 MD5 module is using 5.6.1 libraries, thus problems.

Any ideas how to fix? I guess my perl 5.6.1 unmerge didn't remove everything?

I've already tried re-emerging Digest-MD5 with no luck.

Thanks!
Carl
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: