Radeon Mobility console/x-switch problem is fixed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanno
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Radeon Mobility console/x-switch problem is fixed Reply with quote

With current XFree 4.2 glx and some Radeon Mobility cards (M6 and M7 for example), there was a problem that the screen screw up and the system hanged when you switched from x to console and back.
The dri-people have fixed this. you need to get the dri-update for the radeon from
http://dri.sourceforge.net
jeb-c4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: radeon lockup after suspend Reply with quote

do you know if this fixes any of the lockups after apm suspend?

running kernel crypto-2.4.19-rc7

Also does the install script try to recompile X? It sounded like it in the README.

And I guess I have to recompile my kernel w/o dri in it?

Thanks,

Jeb
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: radeon lockup after suspend Reply with quote

jeb-c4 wrote:
do you know if this fixes any of the lockups after apm suspend?

I don't think DRI and suspend play nice together. Disable DRI and DRM in your XF86Config and see if it works.

jeb-c4 wrote:

Also does the install script try to recompile X? It sounded like it in the README.

No; it does, however, compile some included code and replace items in your XF86 installation (the process is reversible).

jeb-c4 wrote:
And I guess I have to recompile my kernel w/o dri in it?

No. But, just make sure that the DRI support is in the form of modules. The updated drivers will replace the stock kernel module with a new one.
dc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Radeon Mobility console/x-switch problem is fixed Reply with quote

hanno wrote:
With current XFree 4.2 glx and some Radeon Mobility cards (M6 and M7 for example), there was a problem that the screen screw up and the system hanged when you switched from x to console and back.

The same problem occurs with Rage 128 Mobility cards but the newest DRI release fixes this, too.

Dennis
Rafet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Glxgears lockup Reply with quote

Hi, I am running install.sh from the dri package, it completes just fine, but then when I'm firing up glxgears it just locks up.

agpgart and drm are compiled as modules for my Radeon M6.
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Glxgears lockup Reply with quote

Rafet wrote:
Hi, I am running install.sh from the dri package, it completes just fine, but then when I'm firing up glxgears it just locks up.

This did not occur before, only since installing the updated driver?

While my glxgears wasn't locking up, ldd was complaining of a missing library. I ran ldconfig as root and it cleared up the problem.

You seem to be having a problem internal to the kernel or X ... you might want to try the DRI mailing list.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: