Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
howto - Gentoo on a centrino laptop (gateway 450X)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sequentious
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butters wrote:
I fixed it: deleting the line scanning ioports 0x8xxx in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, I should have found that earlier.

I got both my USB mouse and the touchpad working with imps/2 in XFree86. However, I did compile support for synaptics into my kernel.

I now have everything working that should be working. This would be the first time I have ever been able to say that about a linux system. That's mostly my bad luck, though :)

On my machine, the ps/2 compatability of the touchpad doesnt seem to work (whether this was a 2.4 feature or a 2.6 bug, I am unsure), but it does work through the event interface mentionned earlier. I actually never got my scroll buttons working in the imps/2 mode on 2.4, but did with the synaptics xfree driver with event on 2.6.

I am fairly lucky with this laptop in that I've had harder times with certain desktop components, which is pretty good as I have never messed with pcmcia, dri, or anything with power-management before. I still would like to get my card reader working, and be able to hot-swap my cd drive, but that is for later.

Glad to hear the 500m works fine. You might consider writing down anything concerning difficulties you've had and submit them to Werner at tuxmobil.org. He's graciously hosted my howto, and I notice there is no 500m-specific information on his centrino page at all.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: