emerge OpenOffice with some privae patches
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dittigas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: emerge OpenOffice with some privae patches Reply with quote

How do I incorperate pathces back into the portage three to add them automaticaly at build time?

I have some patches (hebrew support) that I want to try out, but not sure how to start. Looked at the tree and seen some relevant PATCH directives and patches placed in the files directory.

Any help will be appriciated.
thanks
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two options:

Either modify the ebuild and add the patches to it, or instead of emerge use ebuild to run the seperate steps (you'll need to configure it yourself) as described in the FAQ under the section I want to perform the ./configure step myself. Can I?, patching the sources after unpack.

If I'll have some spare time (not likely this week), I'll look into it, but don't hold your breath.
dittigas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: thanks for the pointer Reply with quote

seems clear enough. any ideas if the IBMs patches on IGLU are only for the 641d or whatever build of OO, do you think it'l work with OO 1.0 or would need to ask IBM for un update. as far as I understand dif must be very specific to the version you patch. if not does it mean I will need to install the older build of OO?
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that 641 patches will be fine for 1.0.0, but I thought that there were patches for 1.0, am I wrong ?
dittigas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: seems goood Reply with quote

i've looked around. patching OO 1.0 with IBMs 641d patches seems to have worked ok, only one hunk failed but managed to find the right place on a 88 line offset. seems like how this works.

followd the instrutions on how to build OO and faild eventually in dmake with:

dmake: Error -- `/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.0-r2/work/oo_1.0_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib/libgcc_s.so.1' not found, and can't be made
---* RULES.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.0-r2/work/oo_1.0_src/product/util
dmake: Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to provide 1.0.0 binaries (rpm and deb), are you sure there are no patches for 1.0.0 as well :?: Maybe you've downloaded the file long time ago :?:

Try copying libgcc_s.so.1 to the place the linker expects to find it (/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-1.0.0-r2/work/oo_1.0_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/lib/). the lib is in /lib.
dittigas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: right Reply with quote

It's the only one I see on ftp.iglu.org.il, any where else? thanks for tips :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: