View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried DVDFab with HD-DVD yesterday and failed miserably.
It won't open the drive or the mounted directory. I even dumped the disc using dd and tried to open it as image - no way.
As a last resort I even downloaded some zlib.dll that seemed to be missing - but to no avail.
So it might be running in wine but it wont work with hd media - I guess it'll be the same with bluray. :(

Decrypting still requires the volume unique key that can be found on win using anydvd hd (log files). No other way for linux-users atm :(

Since decrypting and dumping works now using key info provided by win users,
I'll now concentrate on video-conversion of .m2ts and .evo files - this could be more helpful. There is already much progress. :)
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back from my 3 weeks holiday.

And the first thing I found, inspecting the doom9 forums, is the following thread:FFmpeg & Mplayer compiles w/ E-AC3 support :)

There are command listings for transcoding eac3 sound to ac3 using ffmpeg. Another problem solved.
And there are even ebuilds for the patched eac3-mplayer.

My aim is now to make command lists for all video/audio transcodings and then including them in a skript (maybe even with gui) that will be able to automate the transcoding from evo/m2ts to (probably) mkv.

So if you find some (ffmpeg, mencoder, transcode, mplayer,...) options that are working well, please post them here.

Last edited by Tariella on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added the new eac3 patches to my "live" svn ebuilds for ffmpeg and mplayer in berkano overlay.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. :D

Last time I tried, I had to disable the eac3 use-flag or it wouldn't compile. Glad to hear that it should work now. Thanks for the hint.
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked ffmpeg svn still had the error of doubling frames when encoding from m2ts directly. Actually it built a pattern single frame - two identical frames - three identical frames. Somebody has good news on this one?

If this error were corrected I could actually use my script to transcode m2ts to multi-audio mkv directly.

Up till now I have to use tsMuxer to create a .ts file with selected audio tracks and downconvert them to AC3, then use mencoder to create .avi and then mux the single audio avi with ac3 streams to multi audio mkv using mkvcreate. This is neatly scripted too, but not half as elegant as the script I have using ffmpeg only. :roll:
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent versions of aacskeys (0.3.0) and dumphd (0.4.0) are working fine together.
I'm lucky :) , a patch for my drive type was released on the doom9 forums (The patch reads the Volume ID of my device without all the verification steps). With it and the aacskeys/dumphd combo I'm now able to decrypt all non BD+ discs (HD-DVD and Bluray).
The mkb keys 4 and 7 musst be written into the aacskeys textfile that contains the mkb keys. They both can be found on the doom9 forums. :wink:

I installed ffmpeg and mplayer with eac3 patch from the berkano overlay (thanks to yngwin for helping me with some installation errors :)). It works fine for playback, but I had to use the -ac ffeac3 option for eac3, it is not detected automatically.

I still have to play with the playback options for output performance. There is a slight offset in the audiostream (the picture is a bit too fast or the sound too slow) when I'm playing .evo and .m2ts container files directly. :(

Truhd doesn't work for me at all - there is no sound output. Maybe I have to use some options with mplayer for successful playback. :? I'm going to experiment with this (on-the-fly so to say).

Summary:
So, I'm now able to decrypt all non BD+ discs and the playback with mplayer works partly (except for some performance probs and truhd). :D

Next step will be to experiment with the playback options of mplayer until the performance is great and then I'll try to demux and reencode the original movie including subtitles and multiple language audio.

A friend of mine is going to install gentoo (hopefully tomorrow) and help me with my experiments.
He's a scripting "expert" (from my point of view and knowledge a lot of people are experts :oops: ). He'll put the whole procedure into a script as soon as our results will be usable.

If the performance problems are solvable, it might be possible to stream the hd content directly from disc through the decrypting routine to playback. So the discs would be playable without ripping/decrypting in an extra step first.

If you have any suggestions about the playback options or anything else, please feel free to post here. :)
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my drive decrypting is a slow process with big performance jumps. I dont think the reading performance will suffice for direct playback.

Also I did not find a working playback solution on my machines either. But that is not a problem because of my network player that can handle that. I will try getting mplayer or vlc playing my encodings though. If I find something usable on AMD Athlon 64 2 GHz with ATI IGP I will report back.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't make much progress with my converting efforts because I've been ill most of the last week.
My friend already installed gentoo in the meantime and is about to help me with his scripting skills.

This might be a little bit off-topic, but I'm about to build a HTPC as soon as I've a solution for all these ripping/playing/converting issues.

The good news is that there might soon be drivers supporting bluray acceleration on linux according to this article. 8O
jimhend~1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive used anydvd under winxp-virtualbox and successfully decrypted the blu-ray movie 300.
now i'm left with and iso file which a can mount with /dev/loop
but i dont really know the correct way to play the movie with mplayer now ,
ive used
mplayer -vc ffvc1 /mnt/loop/BDMV/STREAM/00026.m2ts
and this works ok , but for some reason the default language is something other than english and i dont know how to change or choose language ,
can anyone help here?
thanks
Gusar
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the mplayer output, maybe you'll see which -aid to use for which language. Apart from that, '#' is configured by default to switch audio streams during runtime.
jimhend~1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-aid was the param i needed ,

i need to digest man page more...

thank u
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to let everyone who is still interested in this thread know that I have not abandoned my efforts.
After getting out of disk space :wink: I just purchased a new 1TB HDD.
As soon as I return from my trip to Venice (from tomorrow until tuesday) I'll continue my work on this project.

By the way there are new versions of aacskeys and dumphd, now with experimental Blu-Ray Recordable support. For more information on this topic please visit the doom9 forums.
harukaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimhend~1:

what is the specification of your PC? is it super fast? If I play streams using ffvc1 I get one core maxed out and a jerky playback with an AMD X2 5200
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for comparison - my System is a AMD 790FX chipset with a lowly AMD X2 4000+EE and 2GB od DDR2-1066 RAM.
I'm having performance problems - audio and video is going slightly out of sync when I'm not enabling frame-dropping.
I hope to solve this because my HTPC won't have much better specs and I want to be able to stream the video from dumphd to mplayer (right now I'm playing from hdd).

Afaik mplayer is multicore capable, isnt'it?
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

libx264 is. AFAIK ffmpeg is not (at least at the moment) so mplayer will most likely work multithreaded (for the video portion) when using libx264, but not when using libavcodec.
Gusar
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFmpeg (libavcodec) is multithreaded if AVC video is using slices (which I believe it is on Blu-ray). Other codecs are not yet multithreaded. There's a ffmpeg-mt branch, but I don't know the status of it.

@fangorn: x264 is an encoder, it's not relevant for Blu-ray playback.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I upgraded my system to a phenom X4 9650 with 2,3GHz and 4GB DDR2 1066 RAMs (from a Athlon X2 4000+ with 2GHz and 2 GB DDR2 1066).
After playing one recoded mkv and one ripped evo file in mplayer I realized, that the performance does not improve with the new hardware. 8O

The mkv (1080p) still runs relatively fluid, even when "downsized" to fullscreen 1280x1024. No improvements here (slight framedrops - hardly noticeable).

The evo file with eac3 audio encoding ist losing audio/video synch after the first view minutes. Still very noticeable, (offset about 5 seconds after 15 minutes playtime).

So I guess it was not a problem with the system performance. Now I'll have to play with mplayers options and monitor the cpu-usage of all my cores to verify if the load is balanced or not. :?

The good thing about this is, that my old processor will work quite fine in my HTPC after I solved this problem.

Any experiences/ideas about mplayer performance and/or options for performance improvement?
R!tman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I tried to compile aacskeys-0.35 on amd64, however, without success :-(. Anyone got that to work?
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aacskeys contains already binaries for 32 and 64 bit and a lib version of each for use with dumphd. I never tried to compile it, being lazy. ;)

I found out that mplayer uses only one cpu 50-70% mostly but always under 90% (playing ripped evo and m2ts from hdd). A second cpu ist running up to 20% while mplayer is running (I guess it runs the rest of the system).
So I'll have to play with the options to find out why evo and m2ts is playing audio/video out of sync.
I'll report my results. Maybe someone already tried some configurations. Feel free to share your experiences. ;)
R!tman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariella wrote:
Aacskeys contains already binaries for 32 and 64 bit and a lib version of each for use with dumphd. I never tried to compile it, being lazy. ;)

Yeah, but that doesn't work either because of libstdc++ stuff.
Code:
./bin/linux64/aacskeys: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./bin/linux64/aacskeys)

That's why I tried to compile it.
Code:
$ make
==== Building aacskeys ====
aacs_aes.cpp
aacs_ecdsa.cpp
aacskeys.cpp
cmac.cpp
cmac_aes.cpp
ioctl.cpp
src/ioctl.cpp: In constructor ‘Drive::Drive()’:
src/ioctl.cpp:12: warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘int’ from NULL
mmc.cpp
Linking aacskeys
==== Building libaacskeys ====
aacs_aes.cpp
aacs_ecdsa.cpp
aacskeys.cpp
In file included from src/aacskeys.cpp:33:
src/aacskeys.h:8:17: warning: jni.h: No such file or directory
src/aacskeys.h:19: error: ‘JNIEXPORT’ does not name a type
src/aacskeys.h:27: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘void’
src/aacskeys.cpp:197: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:198: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:199: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:200: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:201: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:202: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
src/aacskeys.cpp:1722: error: ‘globalSetVuk’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1724: error: ‘jbyteArray’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1724: error: expected `;' before ‘jvuk’
src/aacskeys.cpp:1725: error: ‘jvuk’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: ‘globalEnv’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: expected type-specifier before ‘jbyte’
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: expected `>' before ‘jbyte’
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: expected `(' before ‘jbyte’
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: ‘jbyte’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1730: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
src/aacskeys.cpp:1733: error: ‘globalKeyData’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1878: error: ‘globalEnv’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1878: error: ‘globalAacsException’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp: In function ‘int printfj(const char*, ...)’:
src/aacskeys.cpp:1910: error: ‘globalEnv’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1910: error: ‘globalMessagePrinter’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp:1910: error: ‘globalPrint’ was not declared in this scope
src/aacskeys.cpp: At global scope:
src/aacskeys.cpp:1919: error: ‘JNIEXPORT’ does not name a type
src/aacskeys.cpp:1930: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘void’
make[1]: *** [obj/linux/ReleaseLib/aacskeys.o] Error 1
make: *** [libaacskeys] Error 2

BTW: I'm a real noob regarding C :oops:.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it always worked for me out of the box. :?
Since it is a compile error, I suggest that you ask the developer on the doom9 forums.
R!tman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the doom9 forums I read that the following substition works if applied to 'libaacskeys.make':
Code:
s/\/usr\/lib\/jvm\/java-6-sun/\/etc\/java-config-2\/current-system-vm/g

I tried that and it compiled just fine. I'll try the program this evening!
jimhend~1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harukaze wrote:
jimhend~1:

what is the specification of your PC? is it super fast? If I play streams using ffvc1 I get one core maxed out and a jerky playback with an AMD X2 5200

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 3799.861
cache size : 6144 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips : 7606.31
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 3799.861
cache size : 6144 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips : 7602.40
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest ati-drivers support UVD (high definition video decoding) and XvMC. See also the article on Phoronix.

So, I'm now waiting to be able to use this new features with my new 780G chipset HTPC.

BTW, is anyone here interested in information about my HTPC-building-project? I could open an extra thread if there is interest.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News on BD+ reverse-engineering:
Seems like the guys at the doom9 forums decoded the first BD+ on linux. :D

I guess it won't be long until a common useable method to decode BD+ for linux will be on the way.
Great Work :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: