Console Speaker on HPPA. No Driver?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmmf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Console Speaker on HPPA. No Driver? Reply with quote

Hello all...

Well, It has been some time since I gave my old fellow HP 9000/735 a fresh Gentoo install. It was dormant in the basement the last 2 years due to lack of time by my part.

Back in 2005, it had some 2.4 Family Kernel, and everything worked O.K., including its Console Speaker.

I can't remember the full details from back then, but now, after compilation of Kernel 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 (and with LiveCD's own Kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r3, too) the Console is really silent. No beeps at all.

I rechecked several times the Kernel's compile options, and I can't see the option for "pcspkr" module. It's normally located under "Device drivers --> Input device support --> Miscellaneous devices --> PC Speaker support", and under x86 Architecture, in current Kernels IT IS there.

I know that the name "pcspkr" could sound as a "P.C.-Only" device, and so I think it could have been removed from HPPA Architecture (unsure about others). Why that happened in the first place?

Well, it could be nice to have it "beeping" again. It's just that I like it's beeping tone... :P
jmmf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon... No one here ?!? :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: