Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Happy Birthday Universe!!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

On a scale of 1 - 10 how stupid are creationists?
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
~5
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
>1,000,000
76%
 76%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 55

xglad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
I'm not even Christian but a lot of you people sure do have an axe to grind against Christianity. Bet you watch a lot of ABC/CNN :lol:

No. I've read the bible multiple times and used to be a Christian. That's plenty enough for me.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolz

cokey was on form back in the day, I must admit.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creationism is truly the most stupid of ideas:
Quote:
When Did Dinosaurs Live?

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs ‘ruled the Earth’ for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

Other scientists, called creation scientists, have a different idea about when dinosaurs lived. They believe they can solve any of the supposed dinosaur mysteries and show how the evidence fits wonderfully with their ideas about the past, beliefs that come from the Bible.

The Bible, God’s very special book (or collection of books, really), claims that each writer was supernaturally inspired to write exactly what the Creator of all things wanted him to write down for us so that we can know where we (and dinosaurs) came from, why we are here, and what our future will be. The first book in the Bible—Genesis—teaches us many things about how the universe and life came into existence. Genesis tells us that God created everything—the Earth, stars, sun, moon, plants, animals, and the first two people.

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the date of creation by reading through the Bible and noting some interesting passages:

God made everything in six days. He did this, by the way, to set a pattern for mankind, which has become our seven day week (as described in Exodus 20:11). God worked for six days and rested for one, as a model for us. Furthermore, Bible scholars will tell you that the Hebrew word for day used in Genesis 1, can only mean an ordinary day in this context.

We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years.

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Docs/2.asp

It gets worse as well :roll:

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Creationism is truly the most stupid of ideas:
Quote:
When Did Dinosaurs Live?

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs ‘ruled the Earth’ for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

Other scientists, called creation scientists, have a different idea about when dinosaurs lived. They believe they can solve any of the supposed dinosaur mysteries and show how the evidence fits wonderfully with their ideas about the past, beliefs that come from the Bible.

The Bible, God’s very special book (or collection of books, really), claims that each writer was supernaturally inspired to write exactly what the Creator of all things wanted him to write down for us so that we can know where we (and dinosaurs) came from, why we are here, and what our future will be. The first book in the Bible—Genesis—teaches us many things about how the universe and life came into existence. Genesis tells us that God created everything—the Earth, stars, sun, moon, plants, animals, and the first two people.

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the date of creation by reading through the Bible and noting some interesting passages:

God made everything in six days. He did this, by the way, to set a pattern for mankind, which has become our seven day week (as described in Exodus 20:11). God worked for six days and rested for one, as a model for us. Furthermore, Bible scholars will tell you that the Hebrew word for day used in Genesis 1, can only mean an ordinary day in this context.

We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years.

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Docs/2.asp

It gets worse as well :roll:
:lol:
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a nice long list of doomsdays that weren't:
http://fischinger.alien.de/weltuntergang.html

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
square_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will We Ever See a Live Dinosaur?

The answer is probably not … but, then again? There are some scientists who believe a few dinosaurs may have survived in remote jungles. We are still discovering new species of animals and plants today in areas that have been too difficult to explore until now. Even natives in some countries describe beasts that fit with what might be a dinosaur.

Creationists, of course, would not be surprised if someone found a living dinosaur. However, evolutionists would then have to explain why they made dogmatic statements that man and dinosaur never lived at the same time. I suspect they would say something to the effect that this dinosaur somehow survived because it was trapped in a remote area that has not changed for millions of years. You see, no matter what is found, or how embarrassing it is to evolutionists’ ideas, they will always be able to concoct an ‘answer’ because evolution is a belief. It is not science—it is not fact!
that must be trolling.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see living dinosaurs every fucking day. They are called 'birds'.

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

juantxorena
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
you see living dinosaurs every fucking day. They are called 'birds'.

A dinosaur is a dinosaur and a bird is a bird.
dinosaur => bird, but this does not imply dinosaur = bird
slonocode
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:

why? if no religion is left, nobody will miss them.

Interesting point indeed. I think a more manageable solution would be to burn all Germans at the stake. If no Germans are left nobody will miss them and afterall those Germans have killed countless innocent people.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

Interesting point indeed. I think a more manageable solution would be to burn all Germans at the stake. If no Germans are left nobody will miss them and afterall those Germans have killed countless innocent people.
it would be better to do a preemptive strike against americans

energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

compared to you people? look back into history and show me one nation who did not commit atrocities.

Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
compared to you people? look back into history and show me one nation who did not commit atrocities.
luxembourg

slonocode
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

Yes and according to your logic all nations should be banned. I think we should start with the Germans. Why? Two words: singing Hasselhoff.
a.b.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

I can't remember killing anyone. That might be caused by my bad memory, though.
slonocode
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.b. wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

You don't have to remember. Much like all religious people are the same so are all Germans the same.

Oh wait you aren't saying that coke and energyboy are illogical are you?
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

Yes and according to your logic all nations should be banned. I think we should start with the Germans. Why? Two words: singing Hasselhoff.

oh great, just because some 50+ housewifes still get wet because of a 25 year old image.

Clean in front of your own house first.

Elvis imposator
Celine Dion in Vegas.

You are free to shoot yourself in shame now.

energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
a.b. wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

You don't have to remember. Much like all religious people are the same so are all Germans the same.

there is a difference between banning a dangerous cult (ie all religions) and genocide.

That you don't see it says a lot about your mental disposition.

slonocode
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
slonocode wrote:
a.b. wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

there is a difference between banning a dangerous cult (ie all religions) and genocide.

I'm just following your example. If we can group all religions together based on the worst aspects than we can certainly group all Germans together. I think starting with the Germans is a very sound starting point for your logic. With the bonus of dealing with the singing Hasselhoff problem first.
TNorthover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
Interesting point indeed. I think a more manageable solution would be to burn all Germans at the stake.

Banning --> burning at the stake. It's just the natural step isn't it? Tried and tested by time.
slonocode
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNorthover wrote:
slonocode wrote:
Interesting point indeed. I think a more manageable solution would be to burn all Germans at the stake.

Banning --> burning at the stake. It's just the natural step isn't it? Tried and tested by time.

Amen brother. From your lips to God's ears.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
slonocode wrote:
a.b. wrote:
slonocode wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

I'm just following your example. If we can group all religions together based on the worst aspects than we can certainly group all Germans together. I think starting with the Germans is a very sound starting point for your logic. With the bonus of dealing with the singing Hasselhoff problem first.

so name one religion who did not set back science? name one religion not guilty of atrocities? One not guily of protecting dictators, mass murderers? One not guilty of suppression?

juantxorena
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
so name one religion who did not set back science? name one religion not guilty of atrocities? One not guily of protecting dictators, mass murderers? One not guilty of suppression?

All of that can be applied to nearly any country or state, including Germany. Religion is just an expression of irrationality, but is not the only one, and it doesn't always leads to bad results.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

religion has a very bad score card. If there is something bad - you can be sure that at least religion done or supported it.
And with most disgusting stuff - they all did it.

So why not free humankind from this old, dangerous and limiting mental disability?

juantxorena
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
So why not free humankind from this old, dangerous and limiting mental disability?

Are you reading what you have just written? Your ideology seems to be: "I hate the fanatics, we shoud kill them all"
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juantxorena wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

Are you reading what you have just written? Your ideology seems to be: "I hate the fanatics, we shoud kill them all"

Wow, thats a really cool phrase like that, new sign :lol:
And religion, despite all the bad... it did good things too, very good ones, all human things have good and bad things, if science has no bad or good things its because its no human, no, we can research, but science its appart from scientific, you can lie, but science does not lie. We mix religion with religious people too, we are human, and we dont know how the perfect human is, therefore, we can not be perfect, and moral values change with times and societies.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: