MythTV backend without X dependencies
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConsoleQcCa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: MythTV backend without X dependencies Reply with quote

Hello everyone !

I have a home server which is running 24/7 (CLI only) which store my TV recordings amongs other things. My MediaCenter (running MythTV) access my medias from that server, and is only running when I'm watching TV.

So, what I would like to do is install my tuner card in my server (Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800), and with MythTV Backend-only, record my shows from that server (as it is running 24/7), and watch them later on on my MediaCenter with MythTV Frontend using the backend installed on my server.

Ok, that's the plan, now the first problem that I have is when I try to install MythTV with USE flag 'backendonly' on my server (remember, CLI only). When I do so, it wants to install QT3 and all the X dependencies that come with it. I would very much appreciate to avoid any X packages on my server, as I really don't need any of those there. After some Googling, I found that ticket filled in 2006 saying that the backend will still continue to use the X dependencies: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=124040

My question is, is there any way to avoid installing X packages on my server, and still be able to record show from my ATSC card ? I don't really care if I have to use something else then MythTV (scripts or another backend), as long as I can record my scheduled shows and avoid any X dependencies. Any suggestion ???

Thank you very much for your precious time !!!
Have a nice day !
Xor
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Multimedia to Duplicate Threads in favour of https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-689813-highlight-mythtv.html

The long and the short of it is, that you need X to run mythtv-setup, along with mythtv relying heavily on Qt.

cheers

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: