View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niyogi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Copy function in Konqueror context menu Reply with quote

Can somebody explain to me this phenomenon?

When highlighting some text in Konqueror, I right click on it expecting to find "Copy" as a choice --and sometimes I do find it. But others, I *only* find "Copy To >". In the latter case, I have to go to the Edit Menu and choose "Copy" from there.

Have others experienced this? Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong according to KDE. If so, bad usability standards on KDE's part!

-niyogi
reverius42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy function in Konqueror context menu Reply with quote

niyogi wrote:
Can somebody explain to me this phenomenon?

When highlighting some text in Konqueror, I right click on it expecting to find "Copy" as a choice --and sometimes I do find it. But others, I *only* find "Copy To >". In the latter case, I have to go to the Edit Menu and choose "Copy" from there.

Have others experienced this? Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong according to KDE. If so, bad usability standards on KDE's part!

-niyogi

I don't use KDE, but I noticed it doing just that on my brother's computer last night... I think it's a "feature" :)

Try highlighting the text you want, then middle click in another program/window to copy it... that's the easiest way, and it'll most likely work.
nbensa
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy function in Konqueror context menu Reply with quote

niyogi wrote:

-niyogi

Yup. Go and tell them (KDE team) about this, you'll get flamed... :(

The same flames you'll get if you tell'em about qt-3.0.5 NOT being compatible with KDE. You can't compile kdepim-3.0.2 with qt 3.0.5 but they don't care 'cause qt-3.0.5 is NOT an official release :!::?::!::?:
niyogi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to put on my flamesuit and tell them anyway... usability! argh!

-S
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy function in Konqueror context menu Reply with quote

nbensa wrote:
niyogi wrote:

-niyogi

Yup. Go and tell them (KDE team) about this, you'll get flamed... :(

The same flames you'll get if you tell'em about qt-3.0.5 NOT being compatible with KDE. You can't compile kdepim-3.0.2 with qt 3.0.5 but they don't care 'cause qt-3.0.5 is NOT an official release :!::?::!::?:

Well, I guess it is quite natural that they are not going to drop everything they are doing in order to certify KDE 3.0.2 with qt-3.0.5. If you read ww.kde.org you will see which version is required. I don't really understand the problem, yes, qt-3.0.5 has been released, but that doesn't necessarily mean that every piece of software out there that uses qt in one fashion or other, will work. Nor does it mean that all the developers around the world will be dropping everything else in order to re-verify their software with the latest qt-release.
Can you give me one justification why you actually *Need* qt-3.0.5 rather than the version that is recommended by the KDE developers?
I also think that Gentoo was way to quick to include 3.0.5 as a default version of QT since it obviously breaks a lot of software.
nbensa
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy function in Konqueror context menu Reply with quote

ebrostig wrote:

Can you give me one justification why you actually *Need* qt-3.0.5 rather than the version that is recommended by the KDE developers?

I've read somewhere that THEY recommend Qt 3.0.5 for bug fixes or something like that (or perhaps my memory is faulty.)

Besides, emerge -u world

Quote:

I also think that Gentoo was way to quick to include 3.0.5 as a default version of QT since it obviously breaks a lot of software.

I second that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: