Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
System can't find emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spankmygentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: System can't find emerge Reply with quote

sudo emerge --oneshot sed
Password:
sudo: emerge: command not found

That's the error I get when trying to emerge sed. I followed the directions step by step on the website, and even found work arounds for sed not being gnu, etc. I searched the forums and was unable to find anything about this error.

I'm running:

Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo running Leopard with 1GB ram. Any help is appreciated, thanks. Oh yeah, did the bootstrap from here: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml
di1bert
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used sudo in a while, but have you tried running the command with the full path to emerge ?

Code:

sudo /usr/bin/emerge sed

I remember this being a "problem" when I was doing the same thing a while ago...

HTH

-m
spankmygentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not located there. I had to switch to the directory: $EPREFIX/tmp or something like that, then usr then bin to be able to run emerge. Then when I tried it, it gave me this error:

sudo ./emerge --oneshot sed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./emerge", line 20, in <module>
retval = _emerge.emerge_main()
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 7395, in emerge_main
settings, trees, mtimedb = load_emerge_config()
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 7278, in load_emerge_config
root_trees["root_config"] = RootConfig(root_trees, setconfig)
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 746, in __init__
self.sets = self.setconfig.getSets()
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/sets/__init__.py", line 86, in getSets
self._parse()
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/sets/__init__.py", line 76, in _parse
self.psets[setname] = setclass.singleBuilder(optdict, self.settings, self.trees)
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/sets/profiles.py", line 25, in singleBuilder
return PackagesSystemSet(settings.profiles)
File "/private/tmp/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/sets/profiles.py", line 17, in __init__
self.description = "System packages for profile %s" % self._profile_paths[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range
-----

Could it be because I have macports installed with python? I'll try and uninstall it then. I bet Xcode already comes with it. My bad.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: