Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
UT problem in gentoo (read on, mostly about cdburners)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KallDrexx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: UT problem in gentoo (read on, mostly about cdburners) Reply with quote

I have an HP cd writer 9100b. I haven't trieed burning something yet in gentoo (processor died, waiting for a new one) and what annoys me is this. In RH 7.2 I couldn't get UT installation to detect my cdrom mounted. In mandrake it worked fine, but i could get mandrake working out of the box. I had to recompile Rh 7.2. WEll the problems coming up again in gentoo and it's quite annoying if i don't say so myself. DO I have to compile special things to get it working? I enabled scsi support, and the scsi extensions or something like that. Anyone have any idea?

--KallDrexx
Target
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compiling a scsi- and scsi-misc-aware kernel is most of the work... Just don't forget to add boot option:
/dev/hdc=ide-scsi

Where hdc is replaced with whichever IDE device your burner happens to be on your system.
mglauche
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: disable ide cdrom support Reply with quote

and ide-scsi, scsi-misc and scsi-cdrom, everything is autodetected then, works really well, no need to mess up with boot parameters ;)
Target
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had to use the boot parameters. My LG never gets autodected, no matter which distro I'm using. :P
rob3rt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: boot parm Reply with quote

yes I needed this boot parameter hdc=ide-scsi to be able burn CD. btw what is UT? If you are using X-cdroast (great one) dont forget to run it with -n optio, otherwise you'll get trouble with wrong version of cdrecords.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: