View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prolific
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Howto Bind Keys In Konqueror Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an intellimouse explorer with the 2 side thumb buttons. I would like to use these 2 buttons as forward/backward buttons in Konqueror. The scroolwheel works fine. I ran /usr/X11R6/bin/xev and it detected all 7 buttons perfectly. But I don't know how to go about configuring those 2 side buttons in Konqueror. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
prolific
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.. any help ?
rsk
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has been posted a few times already (as lots of us have the same setup) and no one has come with any answers for it yet. There are posts on how to get X to recognize the extra buttons (Fairly hacky, in the sense that you need to map to the last 2 buttons in order for X to see all of them otherwise even if you tell X there are 7 buttons on the mouse, and you map scroll up and down (For example) to wheel up and down (but 4 and 5) X STILL won't see 6 and 7, so this guy mentioned that he maps scroll up and down to 6 and 7 (side buttons) then in his X startup script, runs a program to remap up and down to the wheel, hacky).

I don't think konqi supports bindings of extraneous keys at this point either, so even if you got X aware of the buttons, you can't bind them to your KDE apps. I think this is something we'll ahve to wait on.

I was actually fairly surprised by the lack of config options under the Peripherals -> Mouse tab
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: