Fresh install, keyboard not working
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayco77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Fresh install, keyboard not working Reply with quote

I have an HP ze 4145. I just installed Gentoo 1.4 rc 2 using the mini-iso. The install went fine (great instructions). I chose Grub as my bootloader. I accidentally put the wrong info in the grub.conf file. Upon boot, I edit the file, and then choose the boot option. When I get to the login screen, I have a blinking prompt. I can't type, or use any of the keys other than the power key to turn the laptop off. If all I needed to do was turn my laptop off and on, Gentoo would be great! But alas, it is not. Its not the keyboard (I can use it to edit the grub.conf file). WHen the messages go by during boot, I don't see anythign out of line, but it all goes by rather quickly and I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Any suggestions (other than reinstall everything, which will be my next step).

Jay
jayco77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, 5 more minutes of googling and using a less restrictive search (gentoo laptop keyboard) and I found a link to a thread with some links with...well, you know. Disable the USB Legacy Support in the BIOS, and everything works well. Looking forward to more time here in the forums (hopefully, contributing, and not asking so many questions ;-))

jay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: