emerge problems (CD install)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: emerge problems (CD install) Reply with quote

I've been searching for two days now, and there is something wrong in here, but I don't know what ...(only working with gentoo for 2 day's now)

I've done a stage3 install, and this works great. Afterwards I've installed xfree86 and also seems to work great. Now I need to install GNOME from my CD 2. As far as I read the manual, you'll need to copy the CD 2 to /usr/portage/packages (which are tbz2 files) and then type emerge -k [anything]

If I do that it's trying to download the pkgconfig.tar.bz file from the internet, which already exists in my /usr/portage/packages/ as a tbz2 file, even with all other dependencies, which are also all tbz2 packages. I can't seem to get this working properly, and I don't like to connect to the internet, during the install period. Can somebody please help me?

I only need to install GNOME and some other GUI apps, further more I've installed a new kernel, which is manually configured. Is anybody familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: