Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to do a gentoo install on a software RAID
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: How to do a gentoo install on a software RAID Reply with quote

Folks --

I'd like to draw your attention to chatwood2's contribution to the Documentation forum, entitled How to do a gentoo install on a software RAID. Software RAIDs has been the source of a lot of trouble for many users, so hopefully this document will allieviate much of that confusion.

Please use this thread to post constructive feedback regarding the doc. If you find errors or things aren't clear, this is the place to post.

Thanks again to chatwood2!

--kurt
km
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: RAID Autodetection Question Reply with quote

I've followed the software RAID installation documentation, and everything went perfectly - the documentation is very good! The only thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to add Auto Detect Support to my kernel. When I go into the Multi-Device Support section of make menuconfig, I don't have the Auto Detect Support option available! Am I looking in the wrong place? Am I missing something?

As I said, the soft-RAID docs are great (I set up my disks the same way as the author did), but my machine kernel-panics as soon as Grub tries to mount the root filesystem - and I'm sure it's because it can't find the Superblock, since I have not enabled Auto Detection.

I think it would be an improvement to the docs if there were some mention of enabling Auto Detection, and some instructions on how to do it.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to do it here, or send me an email, I'd really appreciate it!
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why this question got double-posted...

locking thread.

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: