what's up with nforce-net?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral LSD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: what's up with nforce-net? Reply with quote

I did an emerge sync just a moment ago and when I went to see what packages are going to be upgraded I noticed that my installed version of the nVidia nforce-net driver, 1.0-0261, was going to be "upgraded" to 1.0-0256. Checking make.conf revealed my ACCEPT_KEYWORDS were still set to ~x86 and the Changelog didn't mention anything about nforce-net 0261 being hard-masked so what else could be wrong, could the rsync server I updated against out of date?
Admiral LSD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is just too wierd. I've re-synced my portage tree against 3 different servers and still Portage is convinced that 1.0-0256 is the latest version of the nVidia LAN driver. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on and/or how I can fix it?
dtessier
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral LSD` wrote:
OK, this is just too wierd. I've re-synced my portage tree against 3 different servers and still Portage is convinced that 1.0-0256 is the latest version of the nVidia LAN driver. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on and/or how I can fix it?

This is in the package.mask file:
Code:
# agriffis@gentoo.org 29 Jul 2003
# mask nforce-net-1.0.0261 for bug 24815
=net-misc/nforce-net-1.0.0261*

Admiral LSD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But when that happens isn't it customary to put "UD" in the little actions list next to each package when you emerge -up (like what happened back with Gaim 0.64)? I didn't see any of that here, just U. Still, unmerging it and then remerging it specifying the ebuild file seems to have worked not to mention bug 24815 is liseted as being close/resolved so I guess it's been fixed.
dtessier
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral LSD` wrote:
But when that happens isn't it customary to put "UD" in the little actions list next to each package when you emerge -up (like what happened back with Gaim 0.64)? I didn't see any of that here, just U. Still, unmerging it and then remerging it specifying the ebuild file seems to have worked not to mention bug 24815 is liseted as being close/resolved so I guess it's been fixed.

I think the bug was closed because the developper considered masking the ebuild as a fix.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: