Gimp 1.2.4 compiliation problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshualk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Gimp 1.2.4 compiliation problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having some problems compiling Gimp-1.2.4. The "emerge gimp" process halts with these messages:

Code:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..                             -I../../ intl                    -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/li b/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include                             -I/usr/include - DDEFAULTPATH=\""~/.gimp-1.2/gimpressionist:/usr/share/gimp/1.2/gimpressionist"\"          -DLOCALEDIR=\""/usr/share/locale"\" -DGTK_DISABLE_COMPAT_H  -mcpu=k6-2 -O3 -pipe -Wall -c repaint.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:2078: Error: value of ffffffffffffff7e too large for field of 1  bytes at 00000000000018a6
make[4]: *** [repaint.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gimp-1.2.4/work/gimp-1.2.4/plug-ins /gimpressionist'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gimp-1.2.4/work/gimp-1.2.4/plug-ins /gimpressionist'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gimp-1.2.4/work/gimp-1.2.4/plug-ins '
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gimp-1.2.4/work/gimp-1.2.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-gfx/gimp-1.2.4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 77, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

USE="-kde gnome gtk qt dvd cdr Xft gtk2"
CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-mcpu=k6-2 -O3 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

I have had no other recent problems compiling anything else. Is anyone else having this problem?
evilkarl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

I have had a similar problem with gimp and a few of the programs i wish to install depend on gimp (or packages that depend on gimp) which is quite annoying.
aja
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a signed/unsigned issue to me. There seems to be a bug report that claims the issue is fixed:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22115

Have you emerge synced lately?
joshualk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have synced numerous times lately. No change whatsoever. I have also tried gimp-1.2.5. Same problem with it.

One thing I noticed about the bug report (and another one about the same issue) is that people are only having problems when they use -march=k6-2 in their CFLAGS. I'm using -mcpu=k6-2 in mine, yet I'm still having problems. I'm trying to build gimp right now with -mcpu=i586. We'll see how it turns out.

- joshualk -
joshualk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Gimp 1.2.4 compiliation problems [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi,

I think I've got the problem solved. I just finished building Gimp 1.2.4 with -mcpu=i586. It builds and runs just fine! :) Thanks aja, that bug report really helped a lot. I probably need to submit another bug report saying that -mcpu=k6-2 works no better than -march=k6-2. Thanks everyone.

- joshualk -
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: