View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiberGus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated wiki, both russian and english.
http://ru.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_ÎÁ_ëðë
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_PDA
Added short instructions, how to build your own stage, how to run gentoo linux for PDA in qemu, information about pda overlay and network configuring instructions, fixed links.

Now you can experiment with gentoo in qemu. Ebuild is avaliable in pda overlay, kernel on ftp.gentoo.ru.

New A620 kernel is avaliable.

New minimal stage for PXA250 is avaliable, now it uses baselayout2, so it boots much faster.

Some new binary packages are avalibale. Now I know, what i would use to work with pdf: epdfview looks great. Scummvm is avaliable too, it works, but Full Throttle doesn't fit my screen.
MorpheuS.Ibis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiberGus wrote:
If you see something like "boots with haret" or "boots with linexec", than you would be able to boot linux form windows without any flashing.

i would like something like flashing a bootloader that would allow me to boot windows and linux (isnt booting linux under windows painfully slow?) but this would be acceptable also...

KiberGus wrote:
By the way, hx2700 costs 500$, nokia internet tablet only 400$. IMHO internet tablet has better hardware, and it runs linux natively.

look again. i said "i should get a new ipaq"...this means that my employer will be so kind to replace my (his) h3870 for something else (HP only) in near future (dont know the exact date and dont want to nag about it) so nokia is not an option...if i would be about to buy my own PDA then hx4700 from someone on ebay would be the choice....

EDIT: and nothing powered from USB is an option as i was so lucky to burn the whole USB subsystem (and sound) of my friends TravelMate laptop with his new PDA phone from ASUS (powered from USB) and i dont want to risk any of my machines....
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software bloat is really killing me.

I was planning to switch over to my Zaurus SL-5600 (32M RAM, 64M FLASH) from my iPaq rz1710, but it never materialized. The Openzaurus team seems to be focusing on the larger memory machines, even the SL-5500 (64M RAM, 16M FLASH) has more working RAM than the SL-5600. A lot of apps end up very slow as the poor Zaurus SL-5600 begins to page out blocks and even swap if I have it enabled.

I'm not sure what to do with these older PDAs which should work fine but wont due to bloat... And it was just recently that the SL-5600 attained pretty much full functionality with opensource drivers...

Was almost tempted to get a n770 but i'd fall back to running a closed source driver once more...

:cry:
KiberGus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorpheuS.Ibis wrote:
KiberGus wrote:
If you see something like "boots with haret" or "boots with linexec", than you would be able to boot linux form windows without any flashing.

i would like something like flashing a bootloader that would allow me to boot windows and linux (isnt booting linux under windows painfully slow?) but this would be acceptable also...

It isn't slow. Windows is buggy, haret or linexec get access to priveleged processor commands and just get full control over PDA, kick windows from RAM and launch linux. So when linux is booted it works the same if it was booted from bootloader. Flashing bootloader is possible too, but it is PDA specific, so it is possible on lesser amount of PDAs.
Pryan_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Install on HTC Advantage X7500 Reply with quote

Hello, i want to install gentoo linux on a HTC Advantage X7500. It's a greal PDA Mobile phone and i want to run it under linux.
It's based on an Intel PXA270. I want to know how to install it with USB interface or with a SD card, and so one.
alexxy
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: [Status update] Reply with quote

We have new website at pda.gentoo.ru
new irc channel on freenode #gentoo-pda
all new info about current status will be avalieble on website

currently we working with new toolchain
gcc-4.2.2
binutils-2.18
glibc-2.7
gringo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We have new website at pda.gentoo.ru
new irc channel on freenode #gentoo-pda
all new info about current status will be avalieble on website

currently we working with new toolchain
gcc-4.2.2
binutils-2.18
glibc-2.7

wow, awesome job !
I´m currently (slowly) working on putting gentoo on my wife´s ipaq 4150, i actually already have a minimal environment working, X is my next step and your stuff will surely help me a lot, thanks :)

cheers
moritz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has someone got bluetooth work with bluez < 3.x? and can give me a hand?
I don't get it working ....

I compiled bluez-libs and bluez-utils. But no device is there and i don't know where to search for it.

greetings
rhodry
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I don't speak very well english, then please excuse me if my language is not perfect.

I have a hx4700 and i try to install gentoo on it, fellowing the howto gento-pda.

First i have tryed with haret. It booting but it was a little unstable. I couldn't launch XFCE4 (with the stage4 20/12/2007) but only the fcwm2 manager.
When i tryed to log in xfce4 i had error with modprob (bluetooth) and splash. (something like : "cannot find /lib/splash/cache/splash_fifo"

Then, I have flash the bootloader on my Ipaq hx4700 with a instruction of the HOWTO. When i reboot the pda i have just a very beautyfull splash-sceen with SDG system. But nothing apend.
The card with zImage and the stage on the second partition is in the machine but nothing apend.

Can you help me.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: