Can't build ghostscript
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
()
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Can't build ghostscript Reply with quote

Since I've been having problems with CUPS, and the error log mentions ghostscript I thought I'd try and recompile it. However, the build process fails miserably. Among other things, gcc reports this: src/gdevstp.c:603: `ORIENT_PORTRAIT' undeclared (first use in this function). I dont get it, it is already installed on the system, and I can't see that errors like this should exist in stable releases. Could there be something wrong with my system? The version of GCC is 3.2.3.

Edit: I found the problem. The thing is it needs gimp-print if the cups USE flag is set, but I've installed gimp-print-cups which excludes the gimp-print package. The undeclared symbols it seems are imported from gimp-print (not gimp-print-cups), and so it fails miserably. I guess this should be considered in the ebuild (./configure --without-gimp-print).

Last edited by () on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PowerFactor
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like your having all kinds of trouble lately. When you start seeing of parse errors and undeclared variables and such in stable packages and other wierd inconsistent stuff it's time to start checking your hardware. Bad ram did it for me. Try running memtest86 and see what it tells you.
()
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been having lots of weird problems, and its not helping my mood with the upcoming math exam and all :_\ This seems to be an ebuild specific problem though (portage thinking gimp-print is installed).

Edit: Here we go .. Printing works! I unmerged gimp-print-cups, emerged gimp-print, and reemerged ghostscript (with the cups USE flag set). It works :] Compiling ghostscript without gimp-print support worked, but it wouldn't print anything. Now there's the DMA problem though (and good ol' OpenOffice) :\
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: