View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Problem running Pan on Fluxbox Reply with quote

Hi. I'm using Pan 0.11.3 with fluxbox 0.1.8 as my wm.
For some reason, Pan always opens larger than my desktop so I can't see the menu bars, etc. The only resolution mode available in my XF86Config is "800x600" (I have a tiny monitor :oops:)
All my other apps (mozilla, sylpheed, etc) open within the confines of the "800x600" and stay within them when maximixed. Yet, when I start Pan, I only see a fraction of it. It is almost as if Pan is insisting on opening at "1024x768" even though my x server only has "800x600" available :?
Has anybody else experienced this or know how I can get pan to size properly on my desktop?

Cheers,
kipper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Problem running Pan on Fluxbox Reply with quote

I've seen this, and the sizing seems to be consant between sessions. Once you can resize the window to humane dimensions, it seems to stay put.

This suggests there's a config file holding these frame sizes, but I've not looked very hard.

I was lucky enough to be able to see part of the frame, and I shifted my tabs to appear there. Then I dragged the oversized frame into the smaller one, dropped it, and then moved it back out. It retained the size of the smaller frame.

It's a quick workaround, and I'd rather see a fix, but...
slik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem running Pan on Fluxbox Reply with quote

kipper wrote:

For some reason, Pan always opens larger than my desktop so I can't see the menu bars, etc.

You can move windows around by holding Alt+LeftClick(in window)+MouseDrag.. you should be able to move the window around enough so you can resize it.. HTH
kipper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it figured out. As suggested I had to open X in a larger resolution, resize pan, re-edit my xf886config back to my useable resolution and Pan open up the right size. Weird that by default it started up larger than my virtual desktop.

Thanks for your help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: