Festival Web Interface: make your computer talk... remotely
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julio
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Festival Web Interface: make your computer talk... remotely Reply with quote

I've created a simple web interface for the festival text-to-speech engine. Now you can make your computer talk remotely :twisted:

Now seriously, the idea is that you can talk to someone without using the phone. For example, I have this installed in my home computer and when I'm not home but need to say something to my brother I just enter to http://mysite/voice/ enter whatever I want to say, my computer says it and luckily my brother will hear it.

This can be useful if you have access to computers in your college. Just install this software and tell you friends, brothers, sisters and parents to talk to you thought it :D

You can download it here: http://www.juliocastillo.com/web-voice/web-voice.tar.bz2. Just unpack it in a web-reachable path with the ExecCGI option. You only need festival, perl and apache.

Enjoy it, and send your comments.

Last edited by julio on Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Squinky86
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an interesting idea. Festival takes a few seconds to process the string it needs to say first, so I wouldn't recommend keeping a client like this up while playing UT or Quake :). Still, I may alter it when I get home to use php and arts (php because I'm trying to learn php better, arts because I use KDE). Thanks for the script; I'll be hacking away on it when I get home :wink:.
ElzWhere
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Thats cool but cant u do the same thing by ssh and running the application that way?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: