Crossdev gentoo on Godson2E
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twistman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Crossdev gentoo on Godson2E Reply with quote

Wikipedia article about Godson.
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Yellow_Sheep_River_develops_%E2%82%AC123_Linux_based_computer

i follow the Doc:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~dbelan2/crossdev/crossdev-powerpc-i686.html

when i do Step 3 - Installation of gcc (bootstrap)
Building and Installing gcc (Bootstrap) - Full Toolchain
i can passed the configure,but make faild.
Quote:

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... /var/tmp/portage/gcc-4.1.1-r3/work/gcc-4.1.1/buildboothere-mips/./gcc/xgcc -B/var/tmp/portage/gcc-4.1.1-r3/work/gcc-4.1.1/buildboothere-mips/./gcc/ -B/usr/local/crossdev/mips64/mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/local/crossdev/mips64/mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/crossdev/mips64/mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem /usr/local/crossdev/mips64/mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libmudflap] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gcc-4.1.1-r3/work/gcc-4.1.1/buildboothere-mips'
make: *** [all] Error 2

here is my variables.
Code:

export DEST=/usr/local/crossdev/mips64
export CROSS_CHOST=mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu
export MY_CHOST=i686-pc-linux-gnu
export MY_CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
export CROSS_CFLAGS="-march=mips3 -mabi=64 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export MIN_KV=2.6.19-r5
export CROSS_GCCLANG="c,c++"

export HEADERS_VER=2.6.17-r2
export BINUTILS_VER=2.16.1-r3
export GLIBC_VER=2.4-r4
export GCC_VER=4.1.1-r3

export MIPSPC_HOSTNAME=loongson2e
Dan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your current gcc version 4.1.1? that may be the issue. You have already exported gcc 4.1.1 and its not installed yet?
Quote:
The cross-compilation toolchain was built from the following packages and versions:

* sys-kernel/linux26-headers-2.6.7-r4
* sys-devel/binutils-2.15.90.0.3-r3
* sys-libs/glibc-2.3.4.20040808
* sys-devel/gcc-3.4.1-r2

recupero
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does godson project?
Is anyone working on it?
Redhatter
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unofficially working on a port of Gentoo for Godson -- the big problem here is likely the MIPS4 instructions in the Cobalt stages.

The Godson2E implements a subset of MIPS3 (sans patented instructions) and as such, can't run the standard Cobalt stages.

I'm working at getting a few MIPS-1 stages together that will run on Godson. I've got two Lemote Fulong minicomputers here, one of them I've left running Debian Etch (with the language settings tweaked -- I don't speak Chinese....yet)... the other running Gentoo/MIPS. So far they work well, but there are glitches I'm still in the process of solving.

There's also a few legal issues that need to be worked out before Gentoo can officially support Godson. I've been in contact with the Gentoo Trustees, who in turn, are discussing with their legal people to get an official opinion before we proceed. Here's hoping it can go ahead -- but I won't do anything on an official level until I get the green light to do so. ;-)

http://www.lemote.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=5260&extra=page%3D1&page=1 is where all the Gentoo/Godson action is happening. Interested parties should look there. :-)

On the crossdev issue... that doc is so convoluted and involved it's rediculous... to compile kernels, all you really need is this:
Code:
# emerge crossdev
# crossdev -s1 -t mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu

The crossdev options will let you specify which binutils and gcc version to use. You can also make a full compiler this way (-s4 instead of -s1).

When you get to the point of compiling the kernel... you'll need the patched sources for your device -- mips-sources won't cut it here. On Lemote machines, they distribute the sources in /usr/src/linux-2.6.18.1lemote.tar.bz2 -- scp this to your compiler workhorse, and compile it as you would mips-sources.

If you get an error message complaining it can't find gcc3.4, edit the top-level Makefile and replace all instances of "gcc3.4" with "gcc"

Gentoo/MIPS Cobalt developer, Mozilla herd member.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: