portage-2.0.48-r2 doesn't recognize apps in /usr/X11R6/bin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebgarden
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: portage-2.0.48-r2 doesn't recognize apps in /usr/X11R6/bin Reply with quote

Hello folks,

since I upgraded Portage to the latest dev version, it seems that portage doesn't recognize the applications in /usr/X11R6/bin. For example, I tried recompiling groff as it was broken due to a recent glibc downgrade (thanks D...) and it failed due to the fact that the path of this applications doesn't seem to be known by the system: xmkmf was an unknown application until I set the complete path /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf in the complaining script but this doesb't help because this error is recurrent.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Sébastien.
Pythonhead
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: portage-2.0.48-r2 doesn't recognize apps in /usr/X11R6/b Reply with quote

sebgarden wrote:

Any ideas ?

Yes:

1) Report the bug at https://bugs.gentoo.org/ so someone fixes it.
2) Use the stable version of portage (portage-2.0.48-r1)
sebgarden
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, anyway I'm now unable to emerge portage-2.0.48-r1, as any other thing , seems wether my fs is corrupted or the downgrade of glibc broke something (hum, only since the upgrade of portage though) or the upgrade of portage itself breaks smothing (I get an error when tar tries to unpack the files: obsolescent file or somthing like that). Found some similar errors in ths forums but there was a question of installation. I should mount the livecd to resolve this issue ... just after my free week :)

Regards,
Sébastien
Pythonhead
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I bet it was the glibc downgrade, not portage, but still I'd be careful with that development version of portage, there are some pretty big changes going on between -r1 and -r2 it looks like. Did you try to untar the rescue portage tree or is tar completely hosed?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: