ATI IGP 340M Dual head?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brlewis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: ATI IGP 340M Dual head? Reply with quote

I sure hope someone will be able to help with an issue. I have a notebook computer (hp ze4430) with an ATI Radeon Mobility U1 (IGP 340M). This graphics card has the capability to have an external monitor connected and displaying an "extended" desktop. I am using the driver called "radeon". I am trying to take advantage of the connected monitor feature and do a 2048x768 desktop. I have tested many different approaches for my XF86Config, but nothing that produces the results I am looking for. Here's some of the things I have tried:

Enabling Xinerama, setting up a second 'Device', setting up a second screen, setting the layout. - This gave me a 2048x768 desktop, the problem is that half of it was on the laptop's flat panel, while the other half was off in space (not on the connected CRT).

Toying with the Option "MonitorLayout" where you can specify what types of monitors you have. With this I get a cloned display. And I don't need to see what I'm doing twice, so no good. This has been done in conjunction with every possiblity of Xinerama, device and screen options that I know of.

Has anyone attempted such a setup? Does anyone have a good idea where I might find additional documentation about this?

Thanks in advance.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: