Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
HOWTO: qmail vpopmail courier-imap qmail-scanner (12/2006)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petterg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: force auth for local accounts too Reply with quote

vult wrote:
And I have another issue:

Is it possible to force auth even for emails on local server?
If I delete content of rctphosts users need to auth when sending email, but when you try to send email from any other server to your local server you get error:
Code:
Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

I would assume that would create a lot of mess for other applications as well. I wouldn't even think of trying that.
What purpose would that serve?
vult
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: force auth for local accounts too Reply with quote

petterg wrote:

I would assume that would create a lot of mess for other applications as well. I wouldn't even think of trying that.
What purpose would that serve?

I need it in case that f.e. John will send email to Janet from Steven's address. I'd like to prevent that kind of situations.
Maybe there's some other way to do that ?
petterg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: force auth for local accounts too Reply with quote

vult wrote:

I need it in case that f.e. John will send email to Janet from Steven's address. I'd like to prevent that kind of situations.
Maybe there's some other way to do that ?

Well, you could setup squirrelmail with multiple identities. See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-539101.html#3899812
Same thing can be done with most email clients.
vult
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: force auth for local accounts too Reply with quote

petterg wrote:

Well, you could setup squirrelmail with multiple identities. See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-539101.html#3899812

I think you hadn't understood me ;]

I have only one domain. There is almost 100 users. I'd like to prevent that one user will use another's user account to send emails. That's why I'd like to force smtp auth.
petterg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: force auth for local accounts too Reply with quote

vult wrote:
petterg wrote:

I think you hadn't understood me ;]

I have only one domain. There is almost 100 users. I'd like to prevent that one user will use another's user account to send emails. That's why I'd like to force smtp auth.

With 100 users I would assume they are on local network, not localhost. If so you'll just need to set allow relay from localhost only in your tcprules.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: